1751975 Members
4305 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Kudos button not working

Pacerier
Frequent Advisor

Kudos button not working

The Kudos button doesn't respond whenever I click it.

Is anyone else having this problem?

How can we fix this issue?

============================================
6 REPLIES 6
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Works fine for me.  I gave you a Kudos and then removed it.  I have firefox 34.0.05.

(You can't give them to yourself.  The tooltip says that.)

Jakub_Vondrak
Frequent Advisor

Doesn't work for me neither. I have Firefox 34.0.5. Javascript console shows no errors

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

I kudoed all three existing posts in this thread, then revoked the kudos. There are a couple of points you'll need to keep in mind when using Kudos.

1) While the entire soft-cornered rectangle of the Kudos button appears to be image-mapped, in reality it does not work as well outside of the "thumbs up" and the "+" part. We have been trying to discern exactly why this is the case. Normally an image mapping either works or it does not. 

2) This is probably more important. There is a minor time lag between the time you click the Kudos button, and the time it increments the number to the left. The process has to check first if you have any restrictions on Kudos, and if not, whether or not you have already kudoed the post. This is another check on "gaming the system", disallowing the same person from kudo-ing the same post multiple times.

3) As Dennis alludes, the tooltip utilizes conditional execution; you cannot kudo yourself, kudo a post multiple times, and so on. So the tooltip varies by the situation.

I hope this is helpful,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett-Packard

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I clicked the KUDOS button on your post and nothing happens ... :-(

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage.kudosbuttonv1.kudoentity:kudoentity/message-uid/6693940?t:ac=board-id/community-feedback-suggestions/message-id/7126/highlight/false&t:cp=kudos/contributions/tapletcontributionspage

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I clicked the KUDOS button on your post and nothing happens ... :-(

Are you using IE?

Here is a user that tried 40 times:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/HPSM-audit-trail/m-p/6734090#M126380

He finally found the sweet spot.

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

The Kudos button was indeed not working as it should, although it was not reporting any errors to the logs. I have now resolved the issue, and it is working as it should. Apologies to everyone who was frustrated by this issue.

I hope this is helpful,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard

Thanks,
Warren_Admin