108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Kudos leaderboard has incorrect title, Last 30 days

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Kudos leaderboard has incorrect title, Last 30 days

On the Kudos leaderboard for each category or board, it now says:

Top Contributors Last 30 Days

This is incorrect, since my preference are for "All time", not the default of 30.
So if the forum can't get it right, the title should be put back to what it was, not being specific.
4 REPLIES 4
John Getzke
Honored Contributor

I noticed this too.  Very annoying.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
John Getzke
Honored Contributor

For those who may not be aware how to change the (Kudos) leaderboard settings:

1. Click your username at the top of the page

2. Navigate to User Settings > My Preferances > Preferances > Kudos

3. Change the Kudos Time Range setting from the default to whatever you like (All-Time)

4. Click Save

The correct members are then displayed on the page, but the title is incorrect.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

I'd like to let everyone know what we did, and why. 

Because the Enterprise Business Community accretes legacy communities, some of which having existed since the late 1990s, there are members who made extensive contributions in years past, but have moved on to new occupations or interests, and no longer contribute to the Community. If we set the Top Contributors list to "All time," there is no way to know if the people listed made these contributions last week or in 1999. In addition, if the setting is "All time," the list will never change, because some people who were very active on legacy platforms built up such a body of posts that it may take years to replace them in the Top Contributors list.

We want to give credit to those people who are most active in the Enterprise Business Community at any given time, so we have always set the default time range to a short period. We just changed the title to reflect this, and make it evident that we are giving credit to the people who are making the most impact on behalf of their colleagues right now.

As has been mentioned, any member can override this setting (and others). It is not possible, however, for an individual's personal setting to replace the title in the Top Contributors module.

Thanks,

Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>so we have always set the default time range to a short period.

I have no complaints about that.  Except there were no announcements of this change.

>It is not possible for an individual's personal setting to replace the title in the Top Contributors module.

As I've mentioned above, don't put the time frame in the title, just use some fuzzy words or leave it out.

If they are curious, they can click on the "View All" link.

Titles are important and must not contain incorrect info.