1752845 Members
3778 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Kudos - what, where, how, and why!

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Kudos - what, where, how, and why!

One of the exciting new features the new forum platform offers is a recognition system for contributions that your fellow community members have found helpful.  This system is known as "kudos".  It represents a virtual "pat on the back" from someone who found a particular post helpful or informative.

The kudo icon can be found in every post, just below the author's information and avatar image.  It looks like this:kudos_0.JPG

There are two components to the kudo icon - the top portion indicates how many users have indicated that they found that particular post helpful.  So each new post starts with a kudo "score" of 0, just as in the example above.

The bottom of the icon, the star, is where any registered member of the community can indicate that they appreciated the post.  With a quick click of the mouse on the star, you'll be letting the author know that what they've shared in their post was helpful or interesting to you.  Once you've clicked on the star, the kudo score will increase by 1, and the top portion of the icon turns dark blue to remind you that you've already awarded a kudo to this particular post (also the case for your own posts, as you can't award yourself with a kudo): kudos_6.JPG  (If you've found that you've accidentally given a kudo where you didn't mean to, you can click on the "Options" pull-down menu for that post and select "Revoke My Kudos").

Any user that's logged in can provide a kudo - if you click on the star to award a kudo without being signed in at the time, you'll be prompted to log in.

Why should you give kudos?  Several reasons - it's a real-time feedback loop that lets people providing assistance and information here in the forums know that their efforts are appreciated and useful.  That recognition goes towards the author's forums ranking - so we can identify our users who have consistently provided excellent assistance to their fellow community members.  Also, a post with multiple kudos is a great indication to other people reading the discussion that a particular entry contains some great information.

Please feel free to ask any questions here about the kudos system that I may not have covered or made clear - the more our users take advantage of the kudos system, the more helpful it becomes - so please take a moment, and "click the star" when you come across an excellent post!

I work for HPE.
11 REPLIES 11
Ron Silver_1
Honored Contributor

So far I don't think most people understand the Kudos system. The other item I notice is the site speed seems slower than with the older system it seems to take longer to load a page than on the old system by a factor of about 5.

Miguel Angel Caporalini
Honored Contributor

Hi!, Kevin_Paul:

Please, can you verify if my Kudos, are OK?.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

MACH.:smileyhappy:

Miguel Angel Caporalini
Honored Contributor

Hi!, Kevin_Paul:

It is very striking, which users normally use the post, no kudos to grant access, which in some way we provide support and solutions. It seems they do not know the procedure.
You could insert somewhere in the form, the option with a visible icon?.
Thank you very much.
Miguel Angel Caporalini Herk (MACH). :smileyhappy:

Emir

i think so
Ron Silver_1
Honored Contributor

I have noticed that it is considerably more difficult to earn on on the new site than it was on the old site. Ron Silver

Miguel Angel Caporalini
Honored Contributor

Hi!, Kevin_Paul:

IMHO, the most users who visit the Forum, have no idea, about the kudos and how they are used.
Could intercede, to display a message under the stars, to guide its implementation?
Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

Miguel Angel.:smileyhappy:

Miguel Angel Caporalini
Honored Contributor

Hi!, Kevin_Paul (missing in action!):

The Kudos punctuation didn't work fine. I'm computed all receipt for me, and not represent the real punctuation.

Please, can you see ?.

Thank you very much!.

Best Regards.

HP-MACH.

@Kevin_Paul wrote:

One of the exciting new features the new forum platform offers is a recognition system for contributions that your fellow community members have found helpful.  This system is known as "kudos".  It represents a virtual "pat on the back" from someone who found a particular post helpful or informative.

The kudo icon can be found in every post, just below the author's information and avatar image.  It looks like this:kudo0.JPG

There are two components to the kudo icon - the left-hand side indicates how many users have indicated that they found that particular post helpful.  So each new post starts with a kudo "score" of 0, just as in the example above.

The right-hand side of the icon, the star, is where any registered member of the community can indicate that they appreciated the post.  With a quick click of the mouse on the star, you'll be letting the author know that what they've shared in their post was helpful or interesting to you.  Once you've clicked on the star, the kudo score will increase by 1, and the background of the left-hand side will turn orange, to remind you that you've provided input on that post already: 28iE70A145907BEDD1E  (If you've found that you've accidentally given a kudo where you didn't mean to, you can click on the "Options" pull-down menu for that post and select "Revoke My Kudos").

Any user that's logged in can provide a kudo - if you click on the star to award a kudo without being signed in at the time, you'll be prompted to log in.

Why should you give kudos?  Several reasons - it's a real-time feedback loop that lets people providing assistance and information here in the forums know that their efforts are appreciated and useful.  That recognition goes towards the author's forums ranking - so we can identify our users who have consistently provided excellent assistance to their fellow community members.  Also, a post with multiple kudos is a great indication to other people reading the discussion that a particular entry contains some great information.

Please feel free to ask any questions here about the kudos system that I may not have covered or made clear - the more our users take advantage of the kudos system, the more helpful it becomes - so please take a moment, and "click the star" when you come across an excellent post!

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The topic pages do not show kudos! assigned, even if the topics have kudos already, example:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/category-id/itrc-117/post-type/thread

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Another question regarding Kudos:

In the old forum my score was 71465 points.

How this was translated to Kudos???

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!