1748169 Members
4361 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Lousy forum search

Jan Czajkowski
Honored Contributor

Lousy forum search

I find that with change to the new forum GUI, the search mechanism has become so much more unreliable than before.

For example, if I include "UFT" among the search terms, the search will "correct" that to "UPS" or some other abbreviation, without first asking me. True, when presenting the search results on the erratic search, there is a clickable link that asks if I did really mean "UFT". So I have to search twice to get what I want.

But moreover, the "Search instead for" link that provides the correct second search is difficult to click because it is half hidden behind a large black "POST" button. At first I thought it was my Internet Explorer version that was the culprit. But when I tried it in Chrome I got the same result. So apparently this is a feature, intended to show that I should not really search for things that I don't need to know...

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>the search mechanism has become so much more unreliable than before.

I've found I can no longer exclude words, since no advanced search anymore.  (Hmm, just found it.)

Instead just use google with: site:community.hpe.com

>the "Search instead for" link that provides the correct second search is difficult to click because it is half hidden behind a large black "POST" button.

So both of them are broken.  Works fine on firefox and my chrome, that "Do you mean" link is ABOVE the selection box.

Edit: Hmm, now it overlaps on the right and no link to click.

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Glad you pointed out the layout anomaly in the Search Results and drill-down page. Looking into it.

I hope this helps,
Warren_Admin, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Thanks,
Warren_Admin