1753826 Members
8229 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: My migrated profile is still broken

klb
Valued Contributor

My migrated profile is still broken

It was suggested that I open a ticket with the HP support center.  As per that, I did that.  I get an email from somebody stating that I need to migrate my account from ITRC to HP support center and lists off the steps to do so.  

Well, I've done that already.  Things are still broken.  Now what?  I've got no way to reference the ticket, no way to ask followup questions, nothing.

BTW, the hp support center person who responded via email to me ( above ) also mentioned in the email that I should feel free to contact HP again regarding this ticket.  However, there is NO INDICATION of exactly how this communication should be implemented.  Should I just reply to this general email sent from a group account?  Should I open a new ticket in response to the reply to my first ticket?  

This is just getting more and more frustrating.  I really don't care anymore about the screwed up forums.  Not really, as I believe most contributers have already moved on to other sites and other forums, so this "community" will become completely worthless with time.  If you don't have contributors, you don't have a forum.

I'm now concerned about the other things ITRC offered up, like, for instance, patches to OS code.  These can't be had anywhere else, right?  

I ask again, exactly what do I have to do to restore my ability to search/find/download patches on this site?

-weq

10 REPLIES 10
klb
Valued Contributor

Update,

I've posted now I think 5 times on the...

Ask a question about using HP Support Center

...page.  I'm getting responses but they're not helping. 

Has anybody gotten access to the patch database?  If so, how did you do it?  What is required to be able to download patches?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>If so, how did you do it?  What is required to be able to download patches?

You must link your SAID to your ID.

klb
Valued Contributor

What constitutes an SAID and from where can I find it?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>what do I have to do to restore my ability to search/find/download patches on this site?

(You meant "on that other toally unrelated HPSC site".  :-)

>What constitutes an SAID and from where can I find it?

Your Support Agreement ID (12 digit number that identifies your maintenance contract & used when logging support cases).  On your support contract.

You had to have a SAID in the past year, to get patches.

Otis Stockstill
Advisor

to the op, i have had the same issue. this entire hp fiasco has broken all my contract links and unfortunately i'm not the one who handles my companies contracts nor has the person who does handle our contracts been able to migrate over to this new cluster mess.

another great job from hp support.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>this entire HP fiasco has broken all my contract links

I assume you or your contracts person has already provided feedback in the HPSC?

klb
Valued Contributor

F-in accidentally hit "mark as solved" oops.

Unrelated?  If it's unrelated, how then did I end up loosing my abiltiy to download patches right at the time when this system went live?

Oh, and BTW, feedback to the folks at the patch site ( as you directed me ) is just about useless.  Every conversation you have with them is a BRAND NEW CONVERSATION where NOTHING is carried over from the previous BRAND NEW CONVERSATION you just had.

You ask a question or make a comment and then get a single email back with whatever the dude on the other side of the planet decided was the best solution.  AND THAT IS IT.  Conversation is OVER.  If you have follow up questions, you have to go back to the front end and submit a BRAND NEW issue.  Then you get the next dude on the other side of the planet that doens't have a clue about your previous bid for getting support and the very restrictive cycle starts again.

How is that good support and how is that good customer support?

klb
Valued Contributor

Dennis wrote:
I assume you or your contracts person has already provided feedback in the HPSC? 

I know you were referring to somebody else's comment here but that guy is going to have just as hard a time getting HPSC support to do anything useful.

Have you actually tried getting those guys to do anything?  Did you even read my post?  

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>accidentally hit "mark as solved" oops.

You can unset it.  (Looks like you did.)

>If it's unrelated, how then did I end up losing my abiltiy to download patches right at the time when this system went live?

Only because both systems were migrated at the same time.  Both babies were tossed out.  ;-)

>How is that good support and how is that good customer support?

I can't disagree with you there.  Though I suppose once you get properly signed up with the HPSC, it may be better since it is tracked.