Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name Migration

Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor

Name Migration

Hello Kevin,

I see several forum contributors have similar issue of the changed name in their  profile. Why can't you  allow users to change their profile name to what they are using it for years?

I have been contributing to forum since 2001 and I hope my postings are migrated as well, but my name shows as prit_mod , I don't know from where system picked this up.

My former forum id:  CA649602

My 'Real Name', Uday S Ankolekar was always displayed in the original and very popular  ITRC forum profile, and I wish to have the same  name in the 'new' forum

Thanks

Uday S Ankolekar

BTW, Is there a provision to send mail directly to you or anyone who has control on these issues rather then posting in forum??

Good Luck..
15 REPLIES 15
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Re: Name Migration

Uday - not sure what happened with your particular user name, but I have updated it back to your original screen name.

Uday_S_Ankolek wrote:

BTW, Is there a provision to send mail directly to you or anyone who has control on these issues rather then posting in forum??

You can use the new "private message" system built into the community - simply click on my screen name to access my profile, and click on the "Send this user a private message"  link in the Contact area near the top of the page.

I work for HPE.
Uday_S_Ankolekar
Honored Contributor

Thanks Kevin!

Good Luck..
Wayne
Frequent Advisor

Kevin

Same with my account.

Why aren't we allowed to change our username's in the profile preferences?

I really don't like to see my real name there.

Regards

Marco

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Marco - happy to help with that - what would you like as a screen name?

I work for HPE.
Wayne
Frequent Advisor

Kevin

My old name was Wayne1 but if Wayne is still available now I would be happy to have Wayne instead of Wayne1.

Thank you so far for your help :smileyhappy:

Regards

Wayne