1752630 Members
5886 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: New Forum Locations by ITRC Tree

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

I am in favor of something changing, a roll back may be impossible (well not impossible, but HP's arrogance about shoving Lithium down our throats seems unwavering).

I would like to see a simple, professional forum that honors the old URL's, in an uncluttered manner. Preferably one that accurately reflects the years worth of contributions that so many have made.

-Tom

Ted Brooks TPS
Occasional Advisor

I cannot find what I am looking for.  So I do a search in this ITRC Tree and I do not get any results for what I do get results from through google.com.  I have read the redirect announcement over and over again and am lost in how to accomplish this.  Not only is this not working for me but the HP Support portal is not showing my SAID's when routed to the software downloads.

I am so surprised on how tragic this migration to the new HP web frontend is affecting me to the point of skewing my project timelines.  I am more importantly disappointed in endorsing HP products and services when supporting them has been hobbled.   Seriously.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>So I do a search in this ITRC Tree and I do not get any results for what I do get results from through google.com.

When using google, do you add: ... site:http://h30499.www3.hp.com

What were you looking for?  Have you seen this topic?

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Searching-in-the-HP-Enterprise-Business-Community/m-p/4825025/message-uid/4825025#U4825025

>I have read the redirect announcement over and over again and am lost in how to accomplish this.

Do you have an example what you are looking for?

>but the HP Support portal is not showing my SAIDs when routed to the software downloads.

Have you seen the link about migrating your SAIDs?

https://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/aae/itrc/migrate/

Lennert Van Alboom

I'm afraid I can't help but finding the "new" solution a measure for nothing. The bare minimum for a clean move would at least keep the original ITRC links alive and redirect to the new location - heck, with a big warning to update your links, if needed. Doesn't sound like this move has been thought through at all.

BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

Lennert,

Are your ITRC links not working? Which ones are not working? Could you send me a list and I will check to see what is going on.

Greetings,

Bill

Dick Eggleston
Advisor

Google was better at searching the old forums the forum search engine.  Now, it all seems to have disappeared.  My guess is no one bothered to test this, determine what the impact to users would be, and find a way to mitigate.

With all the expertise at HP, it seems like someone would be able to redirect the links from google and translate to access the same information in its new location.

CA12345
Occasional Contributor

God this is SOOOOOOO frustrating now that I can’t even Google anything…. GRRRRR….

CA12345
Occasional Contributor

I 100% agree.  If HP had a decent search engine, then maybe this would work.  Also - who doesn’t use Google to troubleshoot problems?  Why would HP take away that ability?  Just one more reason to purchase from a different vendor, thanks for making my decisions easy!

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

You can still use google to search the forums, it's just a question of knowing how google works.

Try adding "site:http://h30499.www3.hp.com" until the old links vanished from Google cache and you have the same results as before.

Hank Ngo
Regular Advisor

This is horrible...Can you turn the old forum back on.