3751 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: New Forum Locations by ITRC Tree

Mike_C
Frequent Advisor

Bill,

I've located the Performance Center support forum however many of the historical KB articles that I can locate in a simple google search look to be no longer available and not searchable in the new forum.

I will have to raise a support ticket for the issue I am attempting to investigate as these forums are unworkable. It is very disappointing as in the past we have been able to quickly locate issues experienced by the global HP/PC community and save time and effort contacting HP support & raising support tickets.

Mike Constantinou, ISTQB
BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,,

Thanks for your message. I was able to find the post you referred to in Performance Center in the community. 

See http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-Performance-Center-Forum/quot-The-RPC-Server-is-unavailable-quot-Error-on-Controller/m-p/4231967#M2251

The ITRC data has been moved over in the community, so it is strange that ITRC redirect didn't find the message in the community.

What you could do is search the community for the title of the post you had in ITRC if the ITRC redirect didn't work. Go to the search box (at the top of the screen) and type in the title of the message and search at a community level. Or you could go to the Performance center category and search at a category level.

I know it;'s workaround but I can investigate why the redirect is not working.

Hope this helps you out.

Greetings,

Bill

mgandalf
Occasional Visitor

Ok, is it just me, or have ALL the old forum posts gone away, or is the search function even worse than it was before?

One more reason to switch to AIX.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>have ALL the old forum posts gone away, or is the search function even worse than it was before?

No, the missing closed threads were put back a few weeks ago.

And the forum search is better than the ITRC one.

What posts were you looking for?

bingli
Occasional Advisor

Hi all,

I have searched a topic and i think it is useful for me, but the resolution is n URL:

[Broken link removed on 03-23-2017 by Admin]

I clike the URL, but i can not open it, because it is mapped to another location,

can anyone help me how to find the url in new location.

the Topic i searched is below:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-OV-ServiceCenter-Service/SLO-for-interaction-issue-the-expiration-time-is-automatically/m-p/4701424/highlight/true#M47639

Thanks

bingli
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for you response

jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

I have to say that after spending a few days in new forums virtually non-stop I am liking it much better than the old forum. The search function within the forum is great. I have found many old forum posts that I was looking for. It is fast, responsive and once I got over the "newness" there are a lot of positives. Can't say the same about the blog format,but thats another topic I reckon.

Tips for users

In your google search - instead of clicking the link which will get you the migration page simply copy and paste the topic title in the search box on the new forum. It's that simple - everything, so far, is still here.

Tips for HP

Systems Insight Manager et al - is NOT PC SOFTWARE (sorry didn't mean to raise my voice) I've spent a decade delivering services around this product and hails back to when the perception was Compaq is only a PC company and can't be taking seriously as a Server complany. So I find it a bit offensive to see it under PC Software. The tree has it right though.

I would like to see the tree as an actual side bar with drop down jump categories or as a drop down from the top of the forum.

In the survey I gave it a 7 out of 10 only because of the learning curve.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>instead of clicking the link which will get you the migration page simply copy and paste the topic title in the search box on the new forum.

Perhaps a better tip would be to add "site:h30499.www3.hp.com" and you won't find the old links.

>Systems Insight Manager et al - is NOT PC SOFTWARE

Ah, you noticed that too.  This is big time Server software.

It may apply only to ITRC HP SkyRoom.

jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

Kuddos for reckognizing SIM is wrong category!

The last time  I used the site in my search (which was a few weeks ago) it limited the search too much and I didn't get some related posts, may be it gets better as time goes on for searching the forums.