3416 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: New Forum is awful.

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Why am I a saxophone?

I went to the profile to get rid of this stupid avatar, and I could not find a way to have no avatar. Give me a break!

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

@TomSmith wrote:

Unfortunately the forums have become another item to add to the list of HP things that are on the decline....very sad.

I saw a post that stated that the we were responsible for migrating our old content over, what a joke. HP upgrades the forum and doesn't automatically move your content. Wow what a disaster.

Tom - your content was migrated - if you're not finding your profile, it's because it was associated with a different email address than what you're using now (this was communicated in the ITRC forums for several months prior to the migration).

What was your ITRC forums screen name?  I should be able to look up your profile and see what happened with your past contributions...

I work for HPE.
TomSmith
Regular Advisor

You missed my point Kevin!!!

The end user should not have had to have taken any action at all. HP changed the forum and they should have **bleep** well made sure that all of the old content and profile details were moved over, period.

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

All you needed to do was make sure you had used the same email address in your ITRC profile and an HP Passport account - I don't think that's too much to ask.  Once a user completed that step, every thing else was automated - and we've got thousands of users who followed those steps and had their profiles migrated without any problems.

If you can tell me what your legacy screen name in the ITRC forums was, I'd be more than happy to help - but there's not much I can do for you without that information.

I work for HPE.
Stephan_
Regular Advisor

You need to differantiate the content betwenn the forum and the support related content.

All postings from the forum got migrated automatically, to assign the postings to the correct user it was required to assign the same email adress to the ITRC account as used in HP passport. This requirement has been posted several month ago and was the only step needed for all forum related things.

If you missed it like me for example, a small message here with your old ITRC screen name is in most cases enough to sort it out and recover all forum related parts.

For the support related parts it exist a new master account funtionality which makes it neccessary that you decide which passport account get your master account, how should HP now this?

My 2 cent,

Stephan

How to assign points on this new forums --> Kudos - what, where, how, and why!
How to find the right forum --> New forum location by ITRC tree

"we wouldn't call it code, if we could read it ..."
TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Kevin,

I have never changed my screen name, it has remained the same. And I do remember recieving an e-mail a few months ago and I followed whatever instructions were in it. Yet here we are.

And your comment about the thousands that were converted properly may be true, but judging by the posts I see today, I am not even close to being the only one who had an issue. I belong to many other boards and forums and I have never seen issues like this. (With one exception, the message board digg.com, they performed an upgrade like this and drove most of their users away.) HP is one of the largest technology companies in the world, one would think this would have been seemless.

The forums were a great place to search for and exchange information, its strength was in the people who participated. Foolish avatars and emoticons add nothing.

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Tom - just sent you a private message (click the blue envelope in the top right potion of the screen) regarding your profile situation.

I work for HPE.
e801

Totally agree that Google search made ITRC very effective. Since this is completely broken now supporting my customers has become much more difficult. Awesome. CTRL-Z? ;)

e801

And I hate brocolli, btw.