4038 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: New forum format?

raynebc
Valued Contributor

"Mark all posts as read" behaves differently now, leading to a page that says:

Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: New forum format? (Mark all posts as read)

>"Mark all posts as read" behaves differently now, leading to a page that says:

If you weren't logged out as Stephan said, where did you use that option?  On a board or category?

raynebc
Valued Contributor

I had logged in, briefly skimmed through the topics to see if there were any new ones I wanted to read and then tried to mark the forums as read from the Trim forum index page:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Records-Management-TRIM/ct-p/sws-RM

This happens even after I'd just logged in one to two minutes before trying to mark the forums as read, so I don't see how it would be a time out issue.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: New forum format? (Mark all posts as read)

> then tried to mark the forums as read from the Trim forum index page:

So you were using the User Settings to Mark ALL posts as read, on that category page?

>so I don't see how it would be a time out issue.

Especially if you were still logged in.  :-)

Does it still fail if you retry it?

raynebc
Valued Contributor

Yes, it was User Settings>Mark all posts as read.  Retrying after getting the error doesn't make a difference.  The same erroneous behavior occurs if I try to use that board function from my account's profile page as well.  Even if I log out, back in and immediately try to use that board function, it still doesn't work.

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Reproducible for me

Pictures are telling more then just words, using the marked link

sshot-102.png

leads to

sshot-103.png

Did I mention that I really appreciate black on black error messages?

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Tested a little bit more - this is a common "feature"

On board level using the top left menue the link look like following and works:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/forumpage.markread/board-id/itrc-17?t:ac=board-id/itrc-17&t:cp=boards/contributions/markedactions&ticket=y2UOHiqKI7kG_762238

On board level using the top right one under 'User Settings' the link look like following and does NOT work:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/community/page.communitymarkread?t:cp=community/contributions/markedactions

The link seems to miss some required informations to work. 

Additionally on a category level is no top left menue, so no way to mark all of a category as read at the moment. Especially annoying since the inconsistency in displaying the amount of new messages still exist with every update.

*edit*

Why do I use a "insert code box" if the forum requires that I remove the links manually after it?

"INSERT CODE" means (at least for me) don't touch it, don't fiddle around with it, just display as entered. 

*edit more*

Ok, manual delete of links does not help - it comes back any way ... 

raynebc
Valued Contributor

It's still broken, guys. It's not a horrible issue, but it'd be nice if it worked correctly. Every time HP moves to a new forum system, it seems to take a while before it's actually working completely.
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

The solution for this problem should be implemented overnight (tonight). Testing of the solution happened to run into a scheduled production change freeze. Apologies for the delay.

Thank you,

Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin