1751689 Members
2740 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: New forum format?

raynebc
Valued Contributor

I still can't get it to work.  If I log out or back in from the link on the error page that comes up when "mark as read" fails, I get the following error:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.

Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation.

Exception ID: 1DD83DF3

raynebc
Valued Contributor

Still broken.

raynebc
Valued Contributor

It does look like it's working as of this morning though.  Thanks.

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

The "Mark all posts as read" and "Mark all posts as new" solution was implemented overnight.

Top Contributors list should always be specific to the place you are in the Community, i.e., if you are on a category page, the Top Contributors list should be for all of the boards and/or sub-categories below that level. If you are on a board (forum) page, the Top Contributorslist should apply directly to the board (forum).

Cheers,

Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Top Contributors list should always be specific to the place you are in the Community

What about on the main forum page?  There is the one on the bottom right that matches what you say.

But at the middle bottom there can be another but I can't figure out what criteria "top" means?

I would suggest this be suppressed or replaced by the single "See All>" all of the other category pages have.

(Also, why does Judy get an ">" and nobody else?  :-)

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Dennis,

Interesting question, and a good suggestion. "Top Contributors" on the right rail is based on contribution, and at the bottom of the page, based on perceived value, as measured by Kudos. Having both identically titled may be less than the perfect choice.

Cheers,

Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>"Top Contributors" on the right rail is based on contribution, and at the bottom of the page, based on perceived value, as measured by Kudos.

I'm confused.  The one on the right clearly is sorted by Kudos.  What is the one in the middle sorted on?

(Except for Vadim, they have a trivial number of Kudos.)

And the See All link there is sorted by Kudos based the last month time range, which seems unrelated to the people listed as Top Contributors.