cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum format?

TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

New forum format?

Ok, how do you find the TOP CONTRIBUTORS just for THIS forum? 

Also, do you know if there will be the ability to sort all forum posts by last date replied/modified?

26 REPLIES 26
Grundy
Honored Contributor

Re: New forum format?

I wish I knew.

This change is as big a surprise to me as is it to you...

Had no idea this was coming.  *Waves fist at Rhys*

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
Philip Harney
Respected Contributor

Boo :-(

raynebc
Valued Contributor

"Mark all posts as read" also seems to be broken.

TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

Hmmm, just got an email from HP notifying me of this new redesign which has, and I quote:

"You asked for better search capabilities;  better integration with your social networks--like Facebook and Twitter;  better navigation between communities; and blog subscriptions. This new design has all of this. "

Still don't see anyway to sort by last reply..... not too mention what was stated previously.

Rich_Kid
Honored Contributor

Two thumbs firmly down from me,

TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

I like the "looks" of it, but not the funtionality.  I really don't see any differences.

In fact, I noticed that when you go to YOUR profile and view all your posts, that the "Next Page, 1.2.3" etc is only listed on top, thus you have to scroll back to the top to click the next page.

Not sure how much thought/review was done on this new format, but hopefully they can change it.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: New forum format? (TOP CONTRIBUTORS)

>how do you find the TOP CONTRIBUTORS just for THIS forum?

Unless you bookmarked this, you'll need to wait until they fix it.  :-(

>do you know if there will be the ability to sort all forum posts by last date replied/modified?

As was before?  They used to provide sorting by topic and sorting by post.

TRIMGuru
Honored Contributor

Ahhhh, I see they added a section for the top contributors back.   Thank you :)

Warren_Admin
Community Manager

To view the latest list of what's being addressed, please take a look here .

Thank you,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Opinions are my own and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise
CMCII_color_sig.png

raynebc
Valued Contributor

"Mark all posts as read" behaves differently now, leading to a page that says:

Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: New forum format? (Mark all posts as read)

>"Mark all posts as read" behaves differently now, leading to a page that says:

If you weren't logged out as Stephan said, where did you use that option?  On a board or category?

raynebc
Valued Contributor

I had logged in, briefly skimmed through the topics to see if there were any new ones I wanted to read and then tried to mark the forums as read from the Trim forum index page:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Records-Management-TRIM/ct-p/sws-RM

This happens even after I'd just logged in one to two minutes before trying to mark the forums as read, so I don't see how it would be a time out issue.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: New forum format? (Mark all posts as read)

> then tried to mark the forums as read from the Trim forum index page:

So you were using the User Settings to Mark ALL posts as read, on that category page?

>so I don't see how it would be a time out issue.

Especially if you were still logged in.  :-)

Does it still fail if you retry it?

raynebc
Valued Contributor

Yes, it was User Settings>Mark all posts as read.  Retrying after getting the error doesn't make a difference.  The same erroneous behavior occurs if I try to use that board function from my account's profile page as well.  Even if I log out, back in and immediately try to use that board function, it still doesn't work.

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Reproducible for me

Pictures are telling more then just words, using the marked link

sshot-102.png

leads to

sshot-103.png

Did I mention that I really appreciate black on black error messages?

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Tested a little bit more - this is a common "feature"

On board level using the top left menue the link look like following and works:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/forumpage.markread/board-id/itrc-17?t:ac=board-id/itrc-17&t:cp=boards/contributions/markedactions&ticket=y2UOHiqKI7kG_762238

On board level using the top right one under 'User Settings' the link look like following and does NOT work:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/community/page.communitymarkread?t:cp=community/contributions/markedactions

The link seems to miss some required informations to work. 

Additionally on a category level is no top left menue, so no way to mark all of a category as read at the moment. Especially annoying since the inconsistency in displaying the amount of new messages still exist with every update.

*edit*

Why do I use a "insert code box" if the forum requires that I remove the links manually after it?

"INSERT CODE" means (at least for me) don't touch it, don't fiddle around with it, just display as entered. 

*edit more*

Ok, manual delete of links does not help - it comes back any way ... 

raynebc
Valued Contributor

It's still broken, guys. It's not a horrible issue, but it'd be nice if it worked correctly. Every time HP moves to a new forum system, it seems to take a while before it's actually working completely.
Warren_Admin
Community Manager

The solution for this problem should be implemented overnight (tonight). Testing of the solution happened to run into a scheduled production change freeze. Apologies for the delay.

Thank you,

Any opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise
CMCII_color_sig.png

raynebc
Valued Contributor

I still can't get it to work.  If I log out or back in from the link on the error page that comes up when "mark as read" fails, I get the following error:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.

Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation.

Exception ID: 1DD83DF3

raynebc
Valued Contributor

Still broken.

raynebc
Valued Contributor

It does look like it's working as of this morning though.  Thanks.

Warren_Admin
Community Manager

The "Mark all posts as read" and "Mark all posts as new" solution was implemented overnight.

Top Contributors list should always be specific to the place you are in the Community, i.e., if you are on a category page, the Top Contributors list should be for all of the boards and/or sub-categories below that level. If you are on a board (forum) page, the Top Contributorslist should apply directly to the board (forum).

Cheers,

Any opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin
CMCII_color_sig.png

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Top Contributors list should always be specific to the place you are in the Community

What about on the main forum page?  There is the one on the bottom right that matches what you say.

But at the middle bottom there can be another but I can't figure out what criteria "top" means?

I would suggest this be suppressed or replaced by the single "See All>" all of the other category pages have.

(Also, why does Judy get an ">" and nobody else?  :-)