cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not easy to find things of interest on the Community site

Joncheng Kuo
Occasional Advisor

Not easy to find things of interest on the Community site

As a novice user to the Community (but not a novice user to the web), I found that's it's really difficult to find things in the Community -- either through search or through navigation.

I understand that this Community site contains many things from many groups; each group/people has its own way of naming and organizing things. However, I feel that a big source of the problems come from the Community site platform itself. I personally feel very confused about the top-level "things" of the site, namely, Discussion Boards, Blogs, and Community Knowledge Base. It's not very clear how they differ from each other and which one I should use when I try to navigate or search. Besides, this Community site also has many forums. I don't know whether these forums belong to one of the three named above or they are something totally different but not listed as a top-level "thing". In short, the lack of distinctions between these top-level "things" make it really difficult to navigate and find things on this Community site. I think people who are setting up "things" on this site may face the same issue too.

1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Not easy to find things of interest on the Community site

>namely, Discussion Boards, Blogs, and Community Knowledge Base

Ignore them unless you know where you are going.  I only use Boards.

You want Boards.  And probably not blogs or KB.

Unless you are interested in blogs.  Knowledge Base are articles where a solution is packaged up to make it easy to understand and use.

Have you looked at the FAQ for a descriptions of those?

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/help/faqpage

>I don't know whether these forums belong to one of the three named above

The correct terminology is boards and once you know that, you know which menu to pick.  :-)

Categories are containers of sub-categories, boards (and blogs).