4809 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Not happy? Contact your support account manager

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Not happy? Contact your support account manager

Hi,

It is clear that the migration from the ITRC forum to the new "Community" site has not gone smoothly, and the reception by many in the community has been less than enthusiastic. (That may be an understatement)

Instead of simply relying on posts here to voice your opinion (which I am not convinced are being heard), it seems to me that a more productive method of voicing your opinion, at least for paying customers, is to contact your local support manager and let them know how you feel about this change. (Good or bad).

-Tom

8 REPLIES 8
Ani1980
Occasional Advisor

I really miss OLD ITRC ... this new site is really horrible .... not able to find any doc link by google.....

Regards,
Ani
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Have you tried using the forum search at the top?

BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

Within the community you can search for information. In the "empty' box on the top right hand side. With search you can use advance search. Regarding links in Google this might take a while to re-index the links. This needs to be cached out.

If that doesn't work, what are you looking for?

BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tom,

You can always contact your support account manager. What are the things you don't like about the community compared to ITRC?

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Hi BGroot,

Here is a quick list of what I don't like about the new community.

1. Old ITRC profiles not migrated properly. Kevin had tried to locate mine but was not successful. For me personaly this is not a huge deal, but for others who have considerable history on the ITRC it is distressing. This should have been a no-brainer. If there was some kind of choice to be made, then a user upon login should have been given a chance to respond.

2. I have many saved bookmarks that no longer work, and these are not through Google, they reference HP URL's. How this site could have been launched without this working is beyond me. This may be the single biggest mistake in my opinion.

3. Kudos system is a poor substitute for the point system. The point system allowed the original poster to rate all those who contributed, even if they did not solve the issue, they could receive points for trying. And it is my understanding that if you received 7 points or less, your points were ignored. This is outrageous.

4. Cluttered and unprofessional look and feel, this should not be Facebook!!! The orignal ITRC forum was a focused and professional environment uncluttered with, in my opinion, useless distractions.  I would really like to know who at HP thought we needed all of these foolish things. I came to the ITRC to exchange information, not fuss with distractions. (For example, when I first logged in to the new community, I was given a ridiculous avatar. I immediately went to my profile to remove it. Long story short, there was no way to just turn it off, I had to link it to a transparent image that I uploaded.  Total time wasted, 30 minutes!!!)

I have also found that critisism here is being ignored, replies are answered, but not really addressed. For example, in one post I stated I did not care for the new glizty features added, and the answer I get is just wait we have more glizty features you will love on the way.

I realize the old ITRC wasn't perfect, but I think it would have been wise to keep the overall look, feel and functionality and focus on fixing the particulars. Instead the baby went out with the bath water. And we are left with something that looks like Facebook.

Just my 2 cents,

-Tom

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Well said, Tom.  The only thing I would disagree with is your contention that what we have left is Facebook.  That's simply not true:  Facebook works!

Pete

Pete
TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Peter, I stand corrected.

JD White
Advisor

Yes, I have tried the search and I can not find anything that appears on Google or Yahoo.  Tried to search for "11iv2/RP2470/A6795A - HBAs not visible " from the Google search below and got nothing.

IT Resource Center forums - 11iv2/RP2470/A6795A - HBAs not visible ...

forums11.itrc.hp.com › ... › ServersIntegrity Servers - Cached
12 posts - 4 authors - Last post: Dec 19, 2005

The system does not appear to see the fibre cards whatsoever... nothing appears in ioscan, no /dev/td# or /dev/fc# files are created, etc. ...

So far I batting 100% haven't been able to find anything I'm looking for.