Sten28
Trusted Contributor

Offtopic: HPE new forum design

My eyes are bleeding. That is all.

4 REPLIES 4
dchurchland
Honored Contributor

Re: Offtopic: HPE new forum design

I agree, a bit like getting slapped in the face with a tuna.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.1 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HPE new forum design

(I've asked the moderators to move this to the feedback & suggestions forum.)

Bleeding how?  Too much white space?  Too much HPE green?

dchurchland
Honored Contributor

Not sure anout the precise problems, here are some thoughts:

• the white feels a little to white
  • the body text looks bold
  • although there is not a lot of green it is pretty 'in your face'
  • in the textarea, as I type, the cursor is disconcerting, it looks too low, not sure what is doing this (I am using chrome)
  • I will probably get used to it but the auto-save disorients me, everything jumps for a moment
  • a minor one, I used to like seeing the number of posts next to my name 'hey, I got to 100', I miss that

First time I opened the forum today I recoiled, it was not one of those 'hey, nice new design' experiences.  I am not suggesting it is fundamentally bad but somehow a mix of a few minor things just sprang out at me.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.1 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

> in the textarea, as I type, the cursor is disconcerting, it looks too low, not sure what is doing this

firefox cursor seems fine to me.

>I will probably get used to it but the auto-save disorients me, everything jumps for a moment

Yes, I noted that.  :-(

>used to like seeing the number of posts next to my name

Yes, not just posts but numbering of replies.

See my list:

http://community.hpe.com/t5/General-Feedback-and-Suggestions/Complaints-on-new-forum/m-p/6807966