3795 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Post ordering in topic

KAKA_2
Honored Contributor

Post ordering in topic

Hi Bill,

Is there a change in the look an feel of forum? it used to be orignal post in the beggining and reply folows from top to bottom but what i see today is just opposite.

-KAKA-

P.S. This thread has been splitted off from others in Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) Support and News Forum, moved to Community Feedback & Suggestions, and edited its subject - HP Forums Moderator

6 REPLIES 6
Ram_21
Honored Contributor

Re: New Forums: HP Operations Manager Support Customer Forums !

Hello

You can do this by changing the setting in the "Topic Options" from "Newest to Oldest" back to "Oldest to Newest"

Hope this helps.

Regards
Ram

BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kaka,

Nothing has changed so strange that you are experiencing this. As Ram mentioned you can change the behavior by  setting in the "Topic Options" from "Newest to Oldest" back to "Oldest to Newest".

Greetings,

Bill

KAKA_2
Honored Contributor

Thank you Ram and Bill.

first of all i never made any change in such setting. however i took a look and changes the setting under

user settings -> my preferences -> preferences -> topic layout

by default it is newest first....... i made it to oldest first. still no change i see last response first and orgnal post in the last.

am i updating wrong settings?

-KAKA-

BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kaka,

Seeing that you made changes to the topic layout preference, you will need to set it to "list by topics" in the forum under "board options". Please take a look to see if it is not set to "linear format". It needs to be set to "list by topic" in order to make the changes work.

Hope this helps.

Greetings,

Bill

Pat Campbell
Honored Contributor

I agree with KAKA,  my preference was changed (not by me) to "newest first" sometime in the past couple days.  I'll follow your instructions to change it back.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Bill wrote "nothing has changed", but it HAS changed (now twice), see the screenshots in this thread:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Sequence-of-postings/td-p/5978635

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!