Feedback
1748097 Members
5946 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problem sending a PM to a user with duplicate screen name (only case different)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Problem sending a PM to a user with duplicate screen name (only case different)

I was trying to send a PM to rick jones and it said:

Duplicate Screen Names
The following user accounts have the same screen name. Select the user or users who should receive this private message.

Honored Contributor    rick jones

Occasional Visitor       RICK JONES

(It appears it can't distinguish screen names differing only by case.)

I selected the first but it still repeats the duplicate screen names, with the check mark still there.  And it seems to allow sending messages to both but that doesn't work either.

If you can't fix this in a timely manner, please change the second to "RICK JONES_93" or something.

2 REPLIES 2
RASHMI
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Problem sending a PM to a user with duplicate screen name (only case different)

Thanks Dennis, I have changed the login screen name of Occasional Visitor - RICK JONES to RICK_JONES_93 in order to avoid any confusion while sending private message.

The login name has been changed, so in this case, the password will be reset for security reasons. The person will receive an email with instructions.
Thanks,
Rashmi
Forum Moderator
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I have changed the login screen name of Occasional Visitor - RICK JONES to RICK_JONES_93

Thanks but we should also get the software fixed so it can handle this duplication.