4426 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problems migrating ITRC profile to HP Resource Center

robleady
Visitor

Problems migrating ITRC profile to HP Resource Center

Hi,

As others have previously posted, I'm also having problems migrating my ITRC profile to HP Resource Center.

1.  Login to HP RC with my HP Passport Credentials - OK

2. Click the Migrate your vital ITRC profile picture - OK

3. Attempt to logon with my ITRC Username and/or email address - FAIL

4. Assume I've entered the password wrong, so request ITRC password to be reset.

5. Password reset email received OK, so must have been using the right email address.

6. Get forced to reset my HP Passport password - WHY ???

7. Reset my ITRC password - OK - but with different password complexity rules to Passport - huh ? 

8. Go back to the Migrate page and attempt to log on with my ITRC Username and/or email address and the just reset password - FAIL.

So I'm currently unable to access any of my support contracts, download patches, etc.

Previous comments on this subject suggest that just waiting overnight, might resolve things, but I'm not convinced...

Any solutions anyone ?  The various Help links are far from useful...

Cheers,

Rob

11 REPLIES 11
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Rob - your best course of action is to log a ticket on the following page:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/questions

I work for HPE.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Any chance that link could be made more obvious on the various Help pages, in particular here:

https://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/aae/itrc/help

I'm guessing that the problem may be down to me having multiple HP Password accounts, as I've just discovered...

Cheers,

Rob

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Rob - thanks for the input.  That page can be reached from all of the HP Support Pages (from the "Get help from HP" pull-down), but the suggestion for having it on the migration wizard page is a good one - I'll pass that along to that team.

I work for HPE.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Well so far I've had no response (other than the auto reply) to my help request to get my ITRC account migration issue sorted...

If HP's intention was to seriously hack of their customers by this change, then they've succeeded at something.

Annoyed,

Rob

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Rob,

I also went through this and it seemed to magically clear itself up after waiting overnight.  One thing I noticed, other than the different password complexity rules (nice, eh? - every time I tried to change it again I had to come up with a different one and then double check whether I was trying to log into Passport or ITRC), was that I was using my ITRC userid (ca13182) in both places, but one of them seemed to be case sensitive and needed it to be CA13182.

After three days of trying many, many different guesses (all my own - no help from HP to speak of) my memories are a bit fuzzy so that may not have been a real issue.  All I can tell you is that it finally clicked into place  Good luck and good to see you back!

Pete
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Rob - I've passed your feedback along to the support team - sorry you haven't received more direct assistance yet, but let me see what I can do to move things along...

I work for HPE.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Kevin,

I've still not got this resolved...

I did receive an email last Friday asking me for details of the issue, which I assume was a result of you talking to the support people, rather than my direct help request, however despite passing on the information they requested, I've heard nothing...

It's a good job I managed to find a copy of the patch bundle that I need for this weekend's work.  The chances of me getting it from the new ITRC, sorry HPSC look to be pretty remote.

Still annoyed,

Rob

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Rob - not sure how to explain that one.  But I'll pass along your concerns with the responsiveness of the response and maybe we can still get you the help you're looking for.  Sorry for the delay...

I work for HPE.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Thanks Kevin.     I was advised by support to reset my [ITRC] password again, which I did this morning and I've now been able to Migrate my account.

Unfortunately this didn't actually do anything.  None of the service agreements that I had linked to my ITRC account are present on my HPSC account.  Fortunately there aren't that many and it looks like I can relink them, but any idea why the migration didn't actually work ?

Regards,

Rob

P.S. I've also asked that question of support...