3323 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Profile Picture

FrankMortensen
Honored Contributor

Profile Picture

Hi

Before you migrated everything from the itrc forum, I used to have a personal profile picture. Where did it go? I see that several other people still have that.

Could you please make it possible for me to add an own profile picture again?

BR,

Frank W. Mortensen

http://www.managon.com

5 REPLIES 5
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Frank,

Here's how: 

1)  Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen.

2)  Click on "IMAGES FOR FRANK- MANAGON" - if you don't see any Images For on the right hand side, then we'll have to get Kevin Paul involved.

3)  Assuming you do see the Images box, it will say none, but should allow you to upload an image.

4)  After uploading a suitable profile image, you then click on the word Profile in the upper right hand corner

5)  Then go to the Avatars button and click on "From Uploaded Images"

There is some verbiage on that page to the effect that the image has to be approved, but there was no delay for me - my image appeared there right after I uploaded it and I was able to change my avatar to the ugly face you now see.

Good luck!

Pete
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Profile Picture (avatar)

>Before you migrated everything from the ITRC forum, I used to have a personal profile picture.

Ah, you seem to be the first to even mention those.  The avatars now show up on every post, not just in your profile.

FrankMortensen
Honored Contributor

Haha, thanks, Pete :)

It seems that I have to get Kevin Paul involved then, as I don't see that Images for section on the rhs. Does he read this, I wonder..?

Cheers,

Frank

FrankMortensen
Honored Contributor

Dennis, I wasn't actually talking about pictures on ITRC. What I meant was that I used to have a picture tied to my profile here on the SW Community, until around that time in June when all old stuff from ITRC was migrated over here. 

At that moment it seems that my previously created signatures/macros also disappeared, but I don't really worry about that little detail :)

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Profile Picture (avatar)

>What I meant was that I used to have a picture tied to my profile here on the SW Community,

Ah, you are talking about your avatar.

I guess they thought that the ITRC info was more important than the previous BSC, etc forums.

(At least it was for me.)

They replaced rather than merged.