1752777 Members
6007 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Recurring spam on HP SC/SM forum

John Stagaman
Honored Contributor

Recurring spam on HP SC/SM forum

For a couple of months now (it seems) the HP SC/SM forum has been regualrly hacked and spammed with hundreds of posts for streaming (Today's favorite: "RE: Watch Lets be Cops online movies". It sometimes is mid-week but seems to happen every single weekend. It's passed the point where there is any reason to check the forum on the weekend because it's a pain to find the few legitimate posts in the thread.

It happened again this weekend, HP deleted it all, and now it started again this morning. Can't the registration process be beefed up to prevent this?

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
5 REPLIES 5
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Recurring spam on HP SM forum

Yes it's getting worse or they're getting cleverer.  :-(

At least it is isolated to one board though I saw a few others this weekend.

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Re: Recurring spam on HP SC/SM forum

"Can't the registration process be beefed up to prevent this?"

We are investigating the registration process from end to end, with exactly that idea in mind.

Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Re: Recurring spam on HP SC/SM forum

We believe that the anti-spam tools we put in place a year ago have gotten this under control. 

I hope this is helpful,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>We believe that the anti-spam tools we put in place a year ago have gotten this under control. 

This weekend we got two spam posts in this feedback board.  Not sure if there was a brave human that signed up.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

There were over 20+ spam messages there this weekend.