Feedback
1753720 Members
4912 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion ī„‚

Re: Thank you HPE - 1804 new OLD HPE Community Subscription Update mails received !

Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Thank you HPE - 1804 new OLD HPE Community Subscription Update mails received !

Good morning,

this morning, I've received exactly 1804 new HPE community Subscription Update mails for topics ranging from 2004 until 2017.

Hope this doesn't happen again !!!

Volker.

3 REPLIES 3
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you HPE - 1804 new OLD HPE Community Subscription Update mails received !

This problem is ongoing ! I had to delete another 4000 Community Subscription Update mails !!!

Please STOP THIS !!!

Volker.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Thank you HPE - 1804 new OLD HPE Community Subscription Update mails received

I assume it's because they lumped all the OpenVMS boards into one and the topics are now new.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/Operating-System-OpenVMS/bd-p/itrc-293

Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need.

I'm not sure how this is helpful?  Most people find things in google and not clicking links.

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

We are in the process of consolidating a large number of redundant server and operating system boards, to cut down on duplication, decisions and mouse clicks. When boards are consolidated, subscriptions treat the posts that are moved as though they are new posts. RSS does the same thing. We tried to get notification emails shut off temporarily, but due to a communications mixup, they didn't get shut down for a full day. You may have noticed the Alert that explains that they are suspended now. Unfortunately, many thousands of posts were moved before the suspension of notifications went into effect., and we apologizie for the excessive emails that you may have received during that time.

As soon as the consolidations are complete, email notifications will resume.

Thanks,
Warren_Admin