1752794 Members
6564 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

This is awful - can't find anything anymore

lss123
Valued Contributor

This is awful - can't find anything anymore

Nice job - now Google searches bring me to your generic home page.  So whereas I used to be able to use Google to find solutions, now I need to use your HP search engine which is of course awful.  Thanks for taking this valuable resource away.  Nice work.

7 REPLIES 7
Linux_Ninja

Re: This is awful - can't find anything anymore

Quite possibly one of the biggest web-based abortions I've ever seen.

Way to go, HP.

Was the old forum really that bad??  Ugly and Functional beats out  Pretty and Useless any day of the week.

Linux_Ninja

BWAHAHAHA!  "New Memeber with 1 post" - who cares about my previous 10 years of participation in the forums.

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

@Linux_Ninja wrote:

BWAHAHAHA!  "New Memeber with 1 post" - who cares about my previous 10 years of participation in the forums.

We had posted information on the ITRC forums prior to the migration regarding how to make sure your past contributions were migrated into the new community.

Did you follow those steps?  What was your ITRC forum screen name?

I work for HPE.
e801

Agreed. Horrible change. ITRC search was worthless but Google made the whole thing worthwhile....until now. 

rustyweise

Yes, leave it to HP to blow any modicum of productivity in a development community.  You might find it funny that they do this to themselves _internally_ more than you would like to believe.

lss123
Valued Contributor

I'm really trying to use your search engine - but it's horrendous.  The search results that come up have nothing to do with the search queries I'm entering.  I'm blown away by all of this.  I'm simply amazed at how HP could take away such a great resource.

BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

What are you search for that gives you the wrong information?   I want to see if I can help you out?

Once the indexing finishes on Google (old links to new links) you will be able to find specific things using Google. But it will take a while before this is completed.