4818 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Throw out the baby with the bath water

gstanden
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Found my trove of bookmarked posts from the old world.  You should be able to also.  Go to this link:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message#/?page=4&author_id=868594&search_type=thread&filter=authorId

search "by author".  If you put in your last name it should bring up your handle(s) select one and voila!  I have found my treasure!

HTH,

Gil

Gilbert Standen
gstanden
Occasional Advisor

I can't help but add that this new forum software has without a doubt the weirdest and most utterly hideous avatars which are so utterly bland and without meaning that I am still laughing so hard at how appallingly awful the avatars are that I think I shall be laughing all night.

I switched from the "bronze pig animal" to the "box of french fries" which at least has some vague relation to "adult swim"

Gil

still laughing so hard at how appallingly bad this website is in terms of look and feel and avatars.  I cannot remotely imagine who, at the conference table, said "let's deploy THIS product to replace HP ITRC Forums" to which images of ED-309 come to mind, vis-a-vis the test in the conference room which went wrong.  I'll take ol' RoboCop anyday...

Gilbert Standen
gstanden
Occasional Advisor

Sorry I could have given this cleaner URL to use:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message
Gilbert Standen
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>how appallingly bad this website is in terms of look and feel and avatars.

At a certain rank, you can upload and use your own, with approval.

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

> At a certain rank, you can upload and use your own, with approval.

I had no idea you had to be "special" to change your avatar!  And I don't recall any approval delay either - it happened instantaneously when I did it.

Pete
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I had no idea you had to be "special" to change your avatar!  And I don't recall any approval delay either

You're super special?  :-)

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

> You're super special?  :-)

And you're absolutely correct to put a question mark after that comment!!

Pete
TomSmith
Regular Advisor

On my first visit to the new community I asked how I could get rid of my stupid avatar, and the answer I received was "Oh just put in a URL to a blank image". When I tried, I discovered that I was unable to add a URL, could only pick from the list. After complaining, I was given the "right" to enter a URL for my avatar.

What a mess.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>It is clear that the folks at HP who gave this disaster the green light did not understand what made the old ITRC valuable.

Well the Lithium conversion was already done for BSC, HP SSC, CSC and  webOS SC.

So if the ITRC can be combined with the first two, it must make sense.  ;-)

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>observations of new-topic rate and reply-rate

And observation of spam too.  There seems to be only one obnoxious person (from the ITRC too) that only spams the feedback board.

(He now seems to have branched out.)