1752657 Members
5610 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Too Bad - Useless Now

quietstormdotco
Occasional Collector

Too Bad - Useless Now

What was once an excellent tool is now a confusing mess. 

Suggest just clearing all historical content as it is not searchable anymore.

6 REPLIES 6
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Dennis,

It seems to me that if someone needs to review a post on how to search, then there may be a problem with search. Searching was perfectly clear in the old ITRC forum.

-Tom

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Searching in the ITRC forums was actually quite broken - recent topics/posts weren't being indexed for quite some time prior to the transition to Lithium. 

Try searching for some of the text from this post at the top of the page - should be available as soon as it's posted.

The "search overview" post was simply a means of offering additional detail regarding how different searches could be run.

It seems like I can't win with posts like this - I try to provide that sort of assistance, and it gets turned into "if you have to help us understand how to use it, it must be broken". I'm  trying my best to address issues being brought up here in the feedback area...

I work for HPE.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Searching in the ITRC forums was actually quite broken

Yes, that's why google was used.  And then ....

>and it gets turned into "if you have to help us understand how to use it, it must be broken". 

Unfortunately that's exactly the same user comment on the docs.hp.com fiasco.  If you have to write up a document on how to find the new location of documents, something is broken.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02492449/c02492449.pdf

mark stephens
Occasional Advisor

not happy Jan.

eric lipede_1
Regular Advisor

Ok, so Im not the only one who now thinks that the post-itrc mess that is this is way too cumbersome and bloated. Its trying to be all things to all men/ women and all other post gender types.

Has nobody making these decisions not twigged that HP support and access to info was a real plus when deciding on what direction to take when buying kit etc....with the Oracle issues etc ... this is NOT an improvement.

Neither is this a "I liked it the way it was before " rant.

We have moved from a great online, easily accessible forum to a bloated pretty useless, slow, confusing to use mass of wanting-to-be-too-sexy-and-slick-for-itself website.

Come on ! .....