1752650 Members
5639 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Welcome to the new community!

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Welcome to the new community!

Today we have completed the migration of our Enterprise support forums (from the ITRC portal) into the HP Enterprise Business community.

In addition to lots of changes for our ITRC users, this also means a few changes for our existing users that have already been a part of this community for the past year or so.

We have re-organized the layout of the categories and boards into what we hope is a more logical structure - a few things might still shift here and there as we refine things, so please let us know if you have any input or feedback.

We're also looking forward to being able to share additional news about our plans for the community, now that the migrations are finally wrapping up.  Stay tuned in the coming weeks for some exciting updates!

I work for HPE.
59 REPLIES 59
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Honored Contributor

Hi!, Kevin_Paul:

During my stay in the forum to help users of microcomputers HP48/HP49/HP50/HP30B series, etc ... I was able to share good times with users. I applied my knowledge in many hours of application.
Unfortunately and due to lack of feedback from many of them answers to their concerns have been truncated, as well as lack of an adequate explanation on Kudos, many have not been evaluated. This made ​​me lose the excitement and stimulation that I always had.

Therefore, I decided to stop participating, in the Forum.

Without further ado, I take this occasion to greet you very carefully.

Miguel Angel Caporalini Herk.

DavidZuts
Outstanding Contributor

Kevin,

Just a short question. I see where my information has migrated over from the other forum. Will there be a consolidation with my information already on this forum. I see where the old has changed to small and medium business and the new which was just moved over is called enterprise. I would have thought just the opposite since enterprise sort of gives the impression as being at the top. In any case will our kudos be merged since I had some on both forums before the merger.  I appear as number 30 in the poster list for the old business support forum and also appear as number 104 for the items you merged from ITRC.  It would be nice if you could add both together so I only appear once in the kudo poster list.  Thanks.

Stephan_
Regular Advisor

Hi Kevin,

first - thanks for the nice talk at DISCOVER and the welcome here but ...

As far as I thought until now the user/information should be migrated, which if I look at my profile is not the case, this account here has the same passport account/email as my old ITRC user, so something has gone wrong?

How about a sticky topic where to find all the old well known links (Patches, Cases, Warranty, etc.) and a link translation list?

f.e. - HP-UX

OLD: http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/familyhome.do?familyId=117

NEWhttp://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/category-id/itrc-117/post-type/thread

Just my 2 cent.

Best,

Stephan

How to assign points on this new forums --> Kudos - what, where, how, and why!
How to find the right forum --> New forum location by ITRC tree

"we wouldn't call it code, if we could read it ..."
Sameer
Established Member

HI Kevin,

I m old itrc user from BSM community.

Forum name : parkar

user id : ww382188

and email id is sameer24186@gmail.com

but problem is i am not able to login with same crenediatls in the new forum profile.What colud be the issue currently i have login with another user.

Kindly help to resolve this

Regards.

André Beck
Honored Contributor

Hi Kevin,

first congratulations for what looks to me (so far) like a successful merge of the ITRC forums. Given the complexity of such operations, it seemed to have worked quite well. Even my accent aigu made it over ;)

(If anything, my registration date is wrong as I registered to lithium before the merge - it didn't use the older of the two registration dates in the merge process).

An observation: In ITRC, I was mainly focused on the Data Protector forum and the "Hubs, Modems and Switches" one that essentially was the ProCurve base camp. I think the latter is now really in legacy mode, as the naming implies, and while old threads may be discussed there to the end, new ones should go to the way better structured hierarchy under Networking (even though it may be diverging a bit too much already with all the specific product families, but I think that will work out).

On the other hand, the DP Forum is buried deeply in the hierarchy, but obviously is way richer than the "Storage/Automated Backup" one that has a trickle of postings. I would really prefer to keep the latter for basic and generic questions, but for the high-traffic DP forum to continue to thrive.

In both cases, what I'm missing is some hinting into the right direction. Imagine somebody opens the "Automated Backup" forum with a DP question in mind, and just finds a trickle of DP-related posts there. Without actually knowing it must exist somewhere, they will never find the forum where the true meat of DP discussion is. So when opening a forum, it would be useful to have crosslinks displayed that take the reader to related and probably more specific (or general) forums at unrelated places in the hierarchy. There are more cases than those I'm familar with for sure. Can anything be done about that?

HTH & Thanks,

Andre.

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

@Miguel Angel Caporalini wrote:

During my stay in the forum to help users of microcomputers HP48/HP49/HP50/HP30B series, etc ... I was able to share good times with users. I applied my knowledge in many hours of application.
Unfortunately and due to lack of feedback from many of them answers to their concerns have been truncated, as well as lack of an adequate explanation on Kudos, many have not been evaluated. This made ​​me lose the excitement and stimulation that I always had.

Miguel - we're planning on adding some pointers to some specific help topics soon, now that the migration has been completed.  Keep an eye on the "Welcome to the Community" area here in the coming days.  Kudos will certainly be one of the highlighted features, as we would all like to see more people using that.  And we'll also be including some communication throughout the community to bring people's attention to that area.

I work for HPE.
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

@DavidZuts wrote:

Kevin,

Just a short question. I see where my information has migrated over from the other forum. Will there be a consolidation with my information already on this forum. I see where the old has changed to small and medium business and the new which was just moved over is called enterprise. I would have thought just the opposite since enterprise sort of gives the impression as being at the top. In any case will our kudos be merged since I had some on both forums before the merger.  I appear as number 30 in the poster list for the old business support forum and also appear as number 104 for the items you merged from ITRC.  It would be nice if you could add both together so I only appear once in the kudo poster list.  Thanks.

David - are you saying you have two different profiles now?  If your ITRC forums profile had the same email address as your HP Passport account you use to post here, everything should have merged automatically (including kudos).

Looking at the user in position 104 on the global leader board, I see Alzhy's profile - I'm guessing that's not another one of your accounts?

And when we have a few areas that are split between "Small and Medium Business", and "Enterprise", like Printing and PCs, that's just in reference to the segments those products are used in - so the forums that have been here for a year or so, from the old Business Support Center, are the SMB products/boards, and what's come over from the ITRC forums are the Enterprise products.

I work for HPE.
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

@Stephan_ wrote:

Hi Kevin,

first - thanks for the nice talk at DISCOVER and the welcome here but ...

As far as I thought until now the user/information should be migrated, which if I look at my profile is not the case, this account here has the same passport account/email as my old ITRC user, so something has gone wrong?

How about a sticky topic where to find all the old well known links (Patches, Cases, Warranty, etc.) and a link translation list?

f.e. - HP-UX

OLD: http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/familyhome.do?familyId=117

NEWhttp://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/category-id/itrc-117/post-type/thread

Just my 2 cent.

Best,

Stephan

Stephan - was great to get to meet and talk with you at Discover!  I appreciate your passion and participation in our community!

What was your old ITRC screen name?  If I can find the other profile here on the new site that links to your previous posts, I'll see what I can do.

And I like your idea of the mapping - let me see what I can put together early this week as we wrap up the transition...

I work for HPE.
Stephan_
Regular Advisor

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the quick reply - my old screen name was 'Stephan.' (dot at the end). 

Let me know if I can help with the mapping.

Thanks,

Stephan

How to assign points on this new forums --> Kudos - what, where, how, and why!
How to find the right forum --> New forum location by ITRC tree

"we wouldn't call it code, if we could read it ..."