1753765 Members
5940 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Why no search engine forwarding?

Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Why no search engine forwarding?

The point of a tech forum is that users search for solutions online, now all search results from google that USED to go to the relavent post go instead to the log in screen, pointless FAIL!

HPE Pro

The Google situation will resolve as the migrated content is re-indexed here in the new community and the old links are retired - but with the size of this migration, it's not something that happens instantaneously.
I work for HPE.
SorryContractor
Occasional Visitor

How long will it take for the links in the HP documentation to expire?  This is crazy!

Sean McConkey_5
Advisor

Somehow I think a PHB at HP asked the staff to replace all the URL's with Uniform Resource Locators!

I am not sure what is worse this new HP Support site or Oracle's My_Orrible_Support - at least Oracle/Sun had great BIG messages every time you logged in telling you the change was happening. The first I knew about it was when I tried to follow one of the said broken links!

Christ you'd think you'd get better results from one of the worlds leading technology companies.

-
jzbnvs
Occasional Contributor

Exactly! HP search is terrible (can't even find it's own products e.g. 'HP-UX not found').

Google , even if they are the Dark Empire, find stuff a lot faster , more accurately and pertinent.

to end up at the login screen is just a Fail!

Come on, HP, Do the right thing!

Stephan.
Honored Contributor

@jzbnvs wrote:

Exactly! HP search is terrible (can't even find it's own products e.g. 'HP-UX not found').

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=HP-UX

It seems you are doing something wrong.

To get the best search results switch to the subforum where your question belongs to, enter your search in the top right box and make sure that the dropdown list shows category or board, give it some time for suggestions before pressing enter - it might be you see instantly the right thread.

hth,

Stephan