5183 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Why to use this forum?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Raija

Why to use this forum?

I'm a new user to the forum. I would like to know why you are using this forum - have you found it useful?

11 REPLIES 11
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Re: Why to use this forum?

Hello Raija,

first: since you post the question, you are already
using it...

second: it is free, you do not need a support contract :-)

third: yes, I do consider it helpful!

HTH,
Wodisch
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Hello again Raija,

since you new:

- you are to give points to the answers
- the first answer deserves 100000 points
- that way I will have beaten "JRF" (the only way
to accomplish that :-)
- you will become curious to learn who he is,
there learning how to "search" the forums
- then you will start reading all his answers (well,
kind of) and learn a lot

HTH,
Wodisch
Raija

Hello,

Well, I am not sure if I got an aswer that I am satisfied yet... Please spesify: Why do you consider this as useful?
What encourages you to use this?
Mike Brown_3
Frequent Advisor

Easy.
1) It's free (as stated above)
2) Its accessible by anyone (globally)
and so, by definition,
3) A multitude of answers/opinions/experiences can be shared.

A lot for so little, don't you think?
There's no substitute for experience
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Hi:

Ironically, a couple of days after your query, a thread was started to solicite "success stories" from users of this Forum. You will certainly find some solid reasons there.

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,1150,0x905c1012aa92d5118ff10090279cd0f9,00.html

If I had to summarize, I'd offer this:

You can merely read and in doing so be exposed to questions, pointers and answers, that perhaps you didn't know and that motivate you to expand your knowledge. By reading posts, you will be exposed to multiple solutions with differing views. If you enjoy scripting, you will often see this exemplified.

You can paricipate by replying (we hope) or merely "lurk". Whichever you choose, I think you will find the experience more than rewarding. Welcome!

...JRF...
Mark Childress
Occasional Contributor

Hi Raija,
I am new to the forum also and have asked myself the same question. I kind of see the forum as an online technical conference. You just have to evaluate, accept, and dismiss information as you see fit. Your are the only one who knows your organization well and how all the pieces fit together.
Raija

Hi,

I am still wondering... What is the difference between this forum and HP's Online Help Desk?

BR: Raija
Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Hi Raija,

as you see from the number of postings this forum is not the most frequently used one.

Most of the other forums are designed for technical problems, but there are topics beside technical issues like:

- How do I covince my boss to invest into some more backup equipment
- How do I evaluate, if I am organize everything all right, so that any desaster will not lead to my coompany becomming bankrupt.
- How do I organize a well structured roll out of my new software versions or developments
- What is change management

There are lots of questions, that do not fit into one of the technical categories, but are worth being discussed.
For those thereds is this "busines related issues" forum.

Hope this helps.
Volker
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Hi Raija,

I can only reiterate what those above me have stated. However, I encourage you to view the thread that Jim mentioned above. It really illustrates the benefits many users have experienced that have come out of participating in the Forums.

If you ever have a IT issue or business problem that you need help with, you will find the Forums holds a wealth of knowledge through the vast experience of IT professionals around the world. In addition, as you see your peers posting questions, you have the opportunity to return a favor by answering questions that you know.

By and far, the ITRC Forums are a key source of knowledge and experience that have been a valuable resource for thousands of IT professionals. I encourage you to begin making the Forums a part of your daily schedule.

Best Regards,
Dan
Forums Manager