1752586 Members
3961 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Your Ideas for Improving the Forum

Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Your Ideas for Improving the Forum

Please post your ideas on what should be improved about the HP Enterprise Business Community in this thread. I think all constructive feedback is appreciated and will maybe even be implemented.

Kevin_Paul wrote

I'll close with a promise that we're listening to everyone's input and feedback - and while I can't go into too many details, we do have a significant update coming to the site later this year - we had to complete the ITRC forums migration first because of the ITRC -> HP Support Center migration timing, so some of the UI pieces got put on hold.  But we're not planning on "standing pat" and never making any improvements/updates.

And if you like a particular suggestion you could even give that post a kudo... sorta like a vote :smileyhappy:

9 REPLIES 9
John McL
Trusted Contributor

1 - Fix the screen so that it doesn't go blank for an extended time after entering username and password. (I only got something to appear by hitting refresh).

2 - Change the font color when posting because gray is an awful color

3 - Improve the layout - having to scroll down to see what postings are "recent" is a pain.  I'm not sure if a posting can appear in both "recent" and "solved". 

4 - And what happens if something has been solved since I last read it? It looks like I won't find the posting where I last saw it but now it will be another list somewhere different.  All in one list, with solved problems flagged is a  much better way to go. 

5 - And whose idea were the useless images that accompany each person's name?  We'd done perfectly well without them and they add nothing of value.

FWIW, I'm using Internet Explorer v7

Jeroen Peereboom
Honored Contributor

L.S.

1. Is it possible to close your own thread?

2. I have big problems reading the menu text in black on dark gray background on my laptop. I barely or even do not see the menu items.

JP

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>1. Is it possible to close your own thread?

You can only solve your own topic but you can't give Kudos to yourself.

>2. I have big problems reading the menu text in black on dark gray background on my laptop.

Can you provide a picture of the menu in question?  The problems I see are black on nearly black.

Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

> Please post your ideas on what should be improved about the

> HP Enterprise Business Community in this thread. [...]

Why not review and respond to the (many) old and unresolved
complaints and suggestions which have already been posted in this forum
before asking for more?

Jeroen Peereboom
Honored Contributor

L.S.

Thanks for the reply.

1. By 'Closing' I mean preventing people from replying to the thread.

2. A picture is a bit difficult. But I think it is a browser problem.

For example: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Software/ct-p/sws-top will show the top banner (HP logo, and the text PRODUCTS & SERVICES, EXPLORE & CREATE, CONNECT WITH OTHERS). My firefox shows the text in black, IE in white. Same for the TAB's text Community Home> Software: Software is black.

I will have to check my firefox settings...

JP

Vadim Gorda
Honored Contributor

As a suggestion,

something like folder options in the inner mail will be nice to see and use.

Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

@Steven Schweda wrote:

Why not review and respond to the (many) old and unresolved
complaints and suggestions which have already been posted in this forum
before asking for more?

This is just a old thead of mine from last June that Jeroen Peereboom bumped/necroed.

I will close this thread now.

Edit: it seems I can't close my own threads. So please everybody, open a new thread or find the appropriate active thread to post and try to stay on topic. Thanks.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>1. By 'Closing' I mean preventing people from replying to the thread.

No, only a moderator can do that.

>2. But I think it is a browser problem.

>For example: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Software/ct-p/sws-top will show the top banner. My firefox shows the text in black

My firefox 10.0 has white text on black or grey.

>Edit: it seems I can't close my own threads.

Right.  But I'm not sure why you would want to close it?  It is perfectly reasonable to still collect improvement ideas here.  (Unless you have just given up.  :-)

George_Dodds
Honored Contributor

I dont know if it's just me but the HP-UX section of the forum seems to be very quiet compared to what it used to be pre migration.

You might want to think about section specific competitions etc, just something to drum up a bit of interest.