5934 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: another ITRC migration question

erik_c
Frequent Advisor

another ITRC migration question

Kevin, et al...

Add me to the ranks of the confused, hope you can help.

I've been on the new forums site for a while now under the handle "erik_c". I also have an "old" passport account with the forums handle "erik_cole" that I do not use.

Yesterday I stumbled across a bunch of posts by user "Erik Cole"...which is me...my old ITRC forums posts brought over from the old site I guess.

I want to "take over" this forums identity/history/handle now, but keep whatever passport settings (support contracts, contact info, etc.) I currently have. Ideally, merge "erik_c" into "Erik Cole" as I have since changed employers (and related contact info).

I did the migration using my WW id. It said it was sucessful, but I don't see that anything has changed...?

Is there something else I need to do? Is there some other Passport account associated with "Erik Cole" in error?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Erik - happy to help.  This happened because your Erik Cole profile had a different email address associated with it than the HP Passport account used to create your "new" erik_c profile (as you've mentioned, you've changed jobs and I can see the old employer email address vs. your new one).

I've updated the forum profiles so that the next time you log in and visit the community, you'll be associated with your older account with all of the past activity.  This way, nothing else will change with regards to your HP Passport account, and any support contracts, warranty agreements, etc.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help out with...

I work for HPE.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Kevin, awesome...thanks for the quick response. Looks like it's working correctly. Two follow-on questions, if I may...

Is it possible to delete the other Passport account I am not using to avoid any confusion in the future?

I have "converted kudos" credits ;) from the PPM Center forum before...is it possible to "apply" these such that I show up on the Top Contributors list in that forum again? I know, it's an ego thing...but it is also helpful to my professional profile.

Thanks again for the fast response!

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

@Erik Cole wrote:

Kevin, awesome...thanks for the quick response. Looks like it's working correctly. Two follow-on questions, if I may...

Excellent - glad to help.

@Erik Cole wrote:

Is it possible to delete the other Passport account I am not using to avoid any confusion in the future?

@you could request that from the HP Support Center "Log a support request ticket" page available @ http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/questions - they should be able to help you out.

@Erik Cole wrote:

I have "converted kudos" credits ;) from the PPM Center forum before...is it possible to "apply" these such that I show up on the Top Contributors list in that forum again? I know, it's an ego thing...but it is also helpful to my professional profile.

I assume you mean this board - http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-Project-and-Portfolio/bd-p/itrc-935?  I actually see you at the top of the "Top Contributors" list ready:

eric.JPG

I work for HPE.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Ahh...so there's actually another forum. No, I was referring to this one:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-Portfolio-Management/bd-p/sws-PPM_SUP

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Eric - I'll ask one of the software community managers to take a look here and see if there are any options.

I see your "other" account on the list for that particular board - but as we can't merge two accounts into one, I don't have a way to fold your different contributions together under the same name.

Obviously if you participate in that other forum moving forward, your correct profile might start moving up the "top contributors" ladder pretty quickly.

I work for HPE.
BGroot
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Erik,

I can completely understand where you are coming from. The issue is that the leader board  is based on participation within a board or category. In the PPM category you are the top member, that same can be said for the ITRC support forum on PPM.

However for the existing PPM support forum in the community, there is someone that has more kudos. It's a tough call. As we move forward we will be evaluation the forums to see if we should merge the support forums, leave them as they are or just have one and make the ITRC support forum a read-only forum. What we decide we will also take the member leader board into account as well, so that any decision that is made will not effect the leader board.

We will engage members to get their opinion on what we need to do with the support boards, as we want to make sure we make the right decision.

In the mean time I can not give you additonal kudos, but if you answer of provide additional information in the other forum you will be on top very soon.

Greetings,

Bill

Greetings,

Bill