Feedback
1753479 Members
5107 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: daily "Congratulations! You have a new rank" messages?

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Yes, Vo, I know I got one.  And I know that you, being the kind hearted and generous person that you are, would have given me another if I'd been the one to tell you about the little envelope symbol so cleverly hidden at the top right of the page, right under the search symbol?

Also just kidding with Stephan - probably should have used one of these new fangled smiley thingies:smileytongue:

Pete
V. Nyga
Honored Contributor

Pete - what's about our good old smilies?
;-D

(No emoticons in 'Quick Reply' - not that I want it!)
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
Stephan.
Honored Contributor

I'm fine with it, I guess we have the same kind of humor.

I wasn't even aware that I could steal Kudo's, I still don't care about points, kudo's, bunnies .. hmm the last one would be getting a way to much offtopic.

Best,

Stephan

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

After all the times I've asked for an explanation of "Founder" status (and others), I finally received a Private Message:

/FOUNDER/ is a rank based on a high level of contribution in the legacy forums. The other rankings are based on what you do in the new Enterprise Community. Welcome, and congratulations on your new rank.

Warren, HP Enterprise Community Managing Administrator

I certainly don't understand why Warren would choose to respond privately, like it's some kind of secret, but then again, I don't understand why these things aren't just explained publicly to start with.

Pete
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

An other rule appears to be 'HP Alliance' trumps 'Founder'.  :-).

fwiw... The Emails keep coming:

Sent: 2011-07-12 07:15 AM ... Your new rank is Honored Contributor.

Sent: 2011-07-13 07:41 AM ... Your new rank is Honored Contributor.

This has to be a buglette. No big deal, delete is easy.

Hein

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Pete - I've actually just asked Warren to post a message about the different roles (including Founder) based on some other threads here.  So we'll try to get that posted shortly.

Quick question on the original topic - are people still getting the daily "Congrats" private messages as of last night?

Update - looks like Hein was relaying at the same time I was - so the daily spam is still going out.  I think we've got that one pinned down, but apparently the fix wasn't deployed yet - I will look into that this morning.

I work for HPE.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Thanks, Kevin.

As far as repeat Congratulations! messages, I haven't seen any but the initial batch until last night went Warren sent his explanation with the subject "Re: Congratulations! You have a new rank in Enterprise Business Community | HP Online Forum ".  

Pete
Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Pete Randall wrote: 

/FOUNDER/ is a rank based on a high level of contribution in the legacy forums. The other rankings are based on what you do in the new Enterprise Community. Welcome, and congratulations on your new rank.

Warren, HP Enterprise Community Managing Administrator

If that is the explanation I don't get it ...

For example "random picked user" http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/568281

Founder Status, registered 2008, 262 Posts, 28 Kudos

Oposite: Hein van den Heuvel: 

No Founder Status, registered 2003, 4768 posts, 1265 Kudos

Looking at that explanation and the numbers Hein deserves it much more to get a FOUNDER Flag.

My 2 Cent,

Stephan

PS: Just to confirm - daily message is still coming

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Ahh, but Hein got the mysterious "HP Alliance" flag instead!  Perhaps that's even better - but we may never know!

Pete
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Stephan> Looking at that explanation and the numbers Hein deserves it much more to get a FOUNDER Flag.

I noticed that alsa. That's why I replied earlier: An other rule appears to be 'HP Alliance' trumps 'Founder'.

And that's ok, a single 'ribbon' is plenty, notably for the topic markings.

But maybe a persons PROFILE page could show multiple ribbons as appropriate?

Hein