5521 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

forum messages

KINGSLEY_1
Regular Advisor

forum messages

Dear Forum Managers,

I am Kingsley Gyasi Agyeman. I have subcribed to the daily forum messages. Since 11th June 2011 i have never got any message again. 

Kindly help me.

Kingsley.

6 REPLIES 6
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Re: forum messages

Kingsley - as we have migrated from one forums platform to another, you'll need to re-create your subscriptions/bookmarks.

Also - I'm going to edit your message to remove your email address (for privacy reasons).

To create updated subscriptions, please read the following:

To subscribe at a board level, go to the specific board then click on "board options" on the right hand side and then click on "subscribe". You will receive an email every time something happens in the board. You can change the frequency of when you want to receive an email to (immediate (default), day (Every day) or week (once a week). You can do this by clicking on your profile (top right in the screen) and then select "subscriptions & Bookmarks". In here you can select the subscription options.

I work for HPE.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Kevin,

Along with the other definitions I've been asking about, are these new terms like Board and Category defined somewhere?  I don't know which one is a board.  Would "Community Feedback & Suggestios" be considered a Board?  Are various items listed under "> Community Home > Operating Systems > HP-UX" boards, categories, topics or what.

Pete
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Pete,

A board is the "deepest" you can go within the community -  this is the same as saying "forum".  So yes, "Community Feedback & Suggestions" is a board.

A category is the next level up - a point where you have one or more categories or boards below it.  "Welcome to the Community", "Operating Systems", and "HP-UX" are all examples of categories (as they each (eventually) have boards below them).

So it can end up looking like this:

Top level of community

Category

Category

Board 

Board

Category

Board

Board 

Category

Board

Board 

I work for HPE.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Thanks again, Kevin!

Pete
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>A category is the next level up

But what's an Item?

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

@Dennis Handly wrote:

>A category is the next level up

But what's an Item?

Sorry, forgot to include that - an "item" is anything in a category that's not another category.  Typically, that's just a count of the boards - but it can also include blogs if the category contains them.

I work for HPE.