108786 Solutions
New Discussion

not possible to reply to a solved post?

SOLVED
Go to solution
sekar sundaram
Honored Contributor

not possible to reply to a solved post?

I remember in the old ITRC forums, when a post gets closed, still users can reply to that post, but points can not be assigned - that is a good deal.

now, I googled for HP SiteScope forums, i got this post:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Systems-Management-OpenView-OP/Sitescope-forum-link/td-p/5279950#.UJr12cVTzzj

its having an old link, which gets redirected to shopping.hp.com

if i am allowed to reply to that post (though its solved), the new users can be saved from this trouble, isnt...

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: not possible to reply to a solved post?

>I remember in the old ITRC forums, when a post gets closed

When the ITRC was migrated to the EBC forum, all closed threads were locked.  Topic with Read Only Thread

Otherwise you can still reply to any solved topics.

>it's having an old link, which gets redirected to shopping.hp.com

(I get an error on the old ITRC URL.)

The simplest would be just to delete the obsolete topic (and the kudos will be lost :-).

But I've asked that the topic be moved to the correct board.

It looks like the moderators took pity on you and also corrected the URL.  :-)

sekar sundaram
Honored Contributor

Re: not possible to reply to a solved post?

>>> When the ITRC was migrated to the EBC forum, all closed threads were locked. 

understood it now clearly...  yesterday itself i found another post which was closed, but it still allowed me to reply.. i thought something must be wrong in my side, i got it now..

>>> It looks like the moderators took pity on you and also corrected the URL.  :-)

that is so kind of you, moderators... thanks a ton...

Its superb now... because, you see,  SiteScope forums link is an important one and new people will do google and the same story will repeat... 

but now, the new story has become perfect !!!

~ Little events, ordinary things, smashed and reconstituted. Imbued with new meaning.
Suddenly they become the bleached bones of a story. - the god of small things ~