5288 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 10ps and Driver Upgrades MSVCRT.dll

SOLVED
Go to solution
Warren F. Walls

10ps and Driver Upgrades MSVCRT.dll

I have a windows 98 R2 pc with the designjet 10ps. I installed the latest drivers that were mailed to me, but when I run the program I get the error: MSVCRT.DLL

APP2 caused an invalid page fault in
module MSVCRT.DLL at 018f:78028585.

This is suppose to be Version 2.1 Software RIP for 10ps.

What should I do to get around this error. I can't run the hp designjet 10ps RIP.

3 REPLIES 3
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor
Solution

Warren:

Have you tried www.windowsupdate.com and install all the Critical updates and as many Recommended updates as you can (if you have dialup internet access, this can take days). If dialup is what you have and you're not current because of that, consider installing a Network Interface Card (NIC) and take the system to a friend's house who has broadband internet access and do your downloads there.

Then try re-installing the 10PS drivers and eep your fingers crossed. Also, try these web page for driver issues: http://www.designjet.hp.com/forums/tree_display.html?forum_id=1&ticket=IYdjxT1Lx7&pageseq=92032791

HTH

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Warren:

Did you read this? http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_USтМй=English+%28US%29&pnameOID=33233&basePartNum=COL3650&locBasepartNum=pl-12757-1&os=Microsoft+Windows+98&tech=Patch

Did you upgrade the firmware before installing the patch?

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Warren F. Walls

I do have a microwave link to the internet and have been current will all of the MS drivers and libraries. It seems that when the APP2 file was created by HP they compiled with the wrong version of the C++ library from Microsoft. The patch (now found on driver section for 10ps on HP website) worked like a champ. I had followed the standard procedures and upgraded the firmware in the printer. Again, the real problem is that HP must not have compiled with the latest C++ runtime section.

Thanks for the help.