Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2xxx and 3xxx Scanjet series SANE support

TIERNY
Occasional Visitor

2xxx and 3xxx Scanjet series SANE support

Hi there, I'm working since a few days ago on a SANE backend's writing for the 2xxx and 3xxx Scanjet series support under GNU/Linux environments. Would anyone know where I could find some technical cocumentation about those scanners ? (especially their chipset command set) Thanx, Julien
3 REPLIES
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Re: 2xxx and 3xxx Scanjet series SANE support

Hello,

seems there are a couple of different chipsets involved. In case you have not seen it, the current status can be found at

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#HEWLETT-PACKARD

hp is not exactly forthcoming with this information as far as I can tell.

Greetings, Martin
TIERNY
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Martin but I think I'm aware enough of SANE's achievement.Realtek based HP scanners are now supported, so old SCL ones are.Do you know where I could find just a list of the chipsets featured in those scanners ?thanx, julien
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Hello Julien,

as I wrote, I am not aware of hp publicizing this information. I do have a broken SJ 2300 that I could disassemble to find partnumbers etc if you can tell me what to look for.

Greetings, Martin