Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3500c scanner

SOLVED
Go to solution
Larry F. Mallery
Occasional Visitor

3500c scanner

I get the following error message when I try to download the software to that particular scanner:
Unable to start the application-the class files could not be loaded. Unexpected failure.

Any help would be appreciated. LarryM
3 REPLIES
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Re: 3500c scanner

Larry,

You've not said where you're downloading software from, what software your download, or for what platform.

Some more details please so we can help you.
One long-haired git at your service...
Larry F. Mallery
Occasional Visitor

I am downloading the software from the CDROM they sent with the scanner. I am attempting to use the scanner through the usb port with the materials that came with it.
Originally I was able to use it. I downloaded McAfee from an offer on aol, got aol 9.0 which screens e-mails so I then deleted McAfee and it took a shared file with it. That's when the problems started. I have since then reinstalled McAfee which fixed some of the problems there but it still hasn't fixed this.
I have no idea what you mean when you ask about platform??
Thanks for any help you can send my way.
LarryM
David Asgeirsson
Valued Contributor
Solution

Sounds like you are running Windows of some form. This is a Linux forum, try reposting your message in a Windows forum.

Also, you should try to run the "restore" program, either from the hidden partition or
backup cds to restore the missing shared file.

- Dave