Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit COBOL

Ian Lochray
Respected Contributor

64 bit COBOL

I have an application that uses C and COBOL. To produce 64-bit C objects I can use the +DD64 option on the cc command. What is the equivalent for COBOL and what version of MicroFocus COBOL do I need as a minimum to achieve this? I am currently on MF Object COBOL 4.1.
1 REPLY
Seth Parker
Trusted Contributor

Re: 64 bit COBOL

I believe you're going to have to upgrade to MicroFocus's 64-bit ServerExpress product. Not being a COBOL programmer, I can't give any details about how it works or the differences between it and Object COBOL. I do know that our programmers had to make some adjustments, but I'm not sure what. It's a different beast from the older version. The runtime is now called ApplicationServer and is licensed separately (I think you get 5 runtime licenses with each devloper seat in ServerExpress).

Good luck!