Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

715/100 Setting it up

Americo Lopez
Occasional Visitor

715/100 Setting it up

I just was handed an older workstation I have got it to boot and have even managed to get myself root access, However I have NO manuals for it and I am pretty sure that there is some sort of gui in here somewhere I would like to know where I can get an FAQ or some manuals to download or even a newer version of the OS with all the bells and whistles to get this up. Any resouces would be appreciated. I am just learning UNIX and but I like what I have seen so far.
Yeah, Im learning too`
3 REPLIES
MANOJ SRIVASTAVA
Honored Contributor

Re: 715/100 Setting it up

Hi

Unix is somewhat standard except for the GUI part of it , the best place to get 90% of the answers is forums itself , go to the main www.hp.com and search for 715 and I got like 315 hits most of the pointing out to various problem being faced in forums , which should definately help you .Also please work with older version of OS if you have a contraint as newre version would definately take up more space and resources in terms of RAM and disk space.

Manoj Srivastava
paul courry
Honored Contributor

The part # for the 715/100 Owner's guide is A2084-90629.

If you will post your email address I will post you chapter 2 "getting started using HP VUE" which is HP's GUI for this machine.
Americo Lopez
Occasional Visitor

Email americo@mailandnews.com
Yeah, Im learning too`