Operating System - Linux
1752273 Members
4738 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 9i Oracle RAC/Linux on DL series gear.

Paul Berger_2
Occasional Contributor

9i Oracle RAC/Linux on DL series gear.

I run a small shop. Yet I'd like to deploy Oracle 9i/RAC on HP DL-series gear. While we are part of HP's DSPP programme, HP ├в certified├в DL/MSA gear is still a pile of cash. We had our rep quote us a baseline certified configuration costing upward of 20K. In a production environment this is peanuts, but we're developers trying to get a small proof of concept Oracle RAC installation configured, in house.

Soooo....is there any reason why a dual ported SCSI MSA30 with a pair of DL-140's, disk, memory a couple of SA-532's and a fast Procurve Gigabit (Interconnect) switch won't do....other than it's not specifically certified and blessed by the Oracle PDC HP gurus? As long as the SANs fabric is dual ported, permitting shared disk access amongst two CPUs the thing should give us an excellent proof of concept Oracle/Linux RAC machine. Yeah it won't scale at all but it gets us in the Linux-RAC door, certified or not?

Am I missing something?

Your help is greatly appreci
2 REPLIES 2
Olivier Drouin
Trusted Contributor

I would say it will works.
Try to get ahold of the HP install scripts for the certified setups. Browsing through these scripts will show you more or less what you have to do.

Dont count on them though. We bought the whole dl380 RAC PDC and we had to bypass the scripts 2-3 times during the setup...

You will also need a good deal of linux/oracle knowledge.
Olivier Drouin
Trusted Contributor

Ask your vendor for the scripts. They are not downloadable anywhere.