108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: A NEW HAT ????

Robert Gamble
Respected Contributor

I like the sceptre and turban ideas...

or even a 'daemon' !

How about a new set of cartoon characters to choose in your profile page when you reach each level ?
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

I like all the suggestions.....the propeller beanie is cute, but I have always thought of 'nerds' has having those pens in the plastic holders for their shirts....
Or maybe a pair of glasses with the center taped up....

And I especially agree with getting some more profile type icons.....We 'girls' have so few to pick from !! And I use the term girl loosely since I'm a grandmother...

I love this site....it's such a great place to challenge your mind and have some fun. Special kudo's to the Non HP Royalty who keep on giving !! Thanks !!

CHRIS ANORUO
Honored Contributor

I suggest the scan their pictures for display with a diamond crown on it!
When We Seek To Discover The Best In Others, We Somehow Bring Out The Best In Ourselves.
Dan Hetzel
Honored Contributor

Hi Paula,

I surely don't want to be considered as "sexist" but, this forum being international, it's impossible to determine the gender (M/F) of a user by looking at the first name. It's easy with first names like yours or mine (or Rick, Tim,Maureen...)

I'd really like if HP could provide more 'feminine' hats for our sysadmin sisters.

You definitely deserve your baseball hat, but don' you think that a different color could be nice?
Anyway, at the speed you are awarded points, you surely will get a new hat in a short while... ;-)

Best regards,

Dan
Everybody knows at least one thing worth sharing -- mailto:dan.hetzel@wildcroft.com
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Hi Dan
First of all belated congrats on your new hat -Very nice.

I would like a better choice of 1 to 10 female to male image that is available and perhaps a smaller version could be displayed ?wearing our various hats? alongside our user name.

Just an idea.

Paula
If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
Tim Malnati
Honored Contributor

'Propeller Head' has been a term associated with computing guru's for a long time. Probably a good choice for the top level. This thread makes me remember a party many years ago where the software engineering staff at Pick Systems (database engine) were all 'awarded' with the propeller hats purchased from Disneyland. They all loved them, wore tham during the entire affair (semi-formal), and most migrated back to their shop. It was priceless.
paul courry
Honored Contributor

I think MULTIPLE propeller heads would be appropriate, one propeller head for every 10,000 points say. Or a scepter, robe, throne etc. added to the crown at every 10,000 points.

However, I think halos would be too christian-centric given the percentage of non-christian participants in these forums. (unless of course you wish to add appropriate symbols such as suffis, buddhas, etc. to cover other faiths).

Perhaps we should do better for those who reach 10,000 points or multiples thereof. Say 100 shares of HP stock for each 10,000 points! Money would certainly be a more potent motivator than a picture of a crown.
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

What's next Tim

Today HP, tommorrow the world.

I heard about people like you.

;-)) Paula

Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Sorry Tim that last remark should have been addressed to Paul.

!-/ Paula
Victor BERRIDGE
Honored Contributor

At how many points would you be a guru then?
I suggest the gurus have the right to reassign points where the system lacks... and start making comments on the disciples progress...

(I left theology 10 years ago...)

Best regards

Victor