1752807 Members
5915 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: A NEW HAT ????

Tim Malnati
Honored Contributor

Diversionary threads like this are good to have from time to time. I sort of hope that Shayne is watching though.

Rita,

Being a 'grandmother' is a badge to be worn prowdly. You are officially permitted to spoil your grandchildern and get back at your kids. On a more serious note... It seems to give you some additional wisdom that I really appreciate in your posts. Your 'been there, done that, and here is what I learned' approach is very refreshing.

Jeff Siegle
Frequent Advisor

We're watching alright, and thank you for raising this point about new hats for the community. To point out Tim's earlier post on the 30th, you're right... you have exceeded our expectations and we didn't expect anyone to get past the Royalty status so fast. We certainly figured people would make it there, but not in less than 6 months! So, you're right... you've caught us with our pants down so to speak, but we recognize that we need to add new cartoons & icons.

I have to admit there are bigger issues that we're working on fixing right now for the good of this service. I think you all would agree with me that the performance issues that we've seen in the Forums need more attention than designing new hats, so that's where we're focusing on R&D team right now. But, we certainly want to recognize & appreciate the works of people like Jim, Stefan, Andreas, & John who have rocketed past the 2,500 point plateau en route to some location in the 5-digit figures. So, we will be thinking about new ways to showcase the status of our community experts as they continue to provide more and more advice, expertise, and answers for the good of all.

We love the ideas.... so keep them coming, whether it's about new hats or new services that you think would tap into the expertise of the community and truly make your lives and jobs easier. We're listening!

Thanks to all who have helped make the Forums exceed all of our expectations. You guys are great!

All the best-
Jeff

ITRC Community Program Manager
A cord of three strands is not easily broken
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Hi Jeff

It is very nice to see that you are monitoring the many and varied opinions voiced by forum members, which I am sure that HP will take on board some of the ideas muted here.

May I make a suggestion that the items ?servers 3000 & 9000? and ?hp-ux networking? be encompassed within the HP-UX section which will obviate the need to jump from one to the other.

Paula
If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

I agree with you 110% Paula.

Maybe the next level could be at 5000 points and be something like 'Saint' or 'Guru'. I don't know what kind of hat you would give them though.
Albert E. Whale, CISSP
Honored Contributor

I don't know about a Halo, but I was thinking that the next level should be Demi-God Status.

How about it?
Sr. Systems Consultant @ ABS Computer Technology, Inc. http://www.abs-comptech.com/aewhale.html & http://www.ancegroup.com
Matt Livingston
Valued Contributor

I rather like Victor's idea of senior point holders being able to comment on others' progress. Perhaps by giving such seniors the right to declare someone else an expert in a category in which they themselves have earned a significant number of points. A blue ribbon or something equally distinctive would indicate assigned experthood as distinct from self-considered experthood.
Carlos Fernandez Riera
Honored Contributor

NO thank,

A wizards hat it is perfect for me.;-)
unsupported
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

I agree with Paula, the consolidation of HP-UX topics, including networking and 9000 servers and even some of the HP-UX based issues which are posted under Workstations.

Will the MyITRC interface allow us to group this easily so that we can jump to them quickly?
"Downtime is a Crime."
Manuel Plaza
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I'm totally agree with your idea Paula.

Regards,

Manuel
Dan Hetzel
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I agree with Paula and Cheryl about the consolidation of topics.

Some of the posts have been moved recently from 'HP-UX' to 'Networking' and I'm sure that this has been confusing for some forum users (including myself).

Dan

Everybody knows at least one thing worth sharing -- mailto:dan.hetzel@wildcroft.com