Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A system problem with orcale database Import on HP8UX machine

MALKI
Occasional Advisor

A system problem with orcale database Import on HP8UX machine

When I tru to do an oracle database import with imp command I receive thos error message:IMP-00002: failed to open /opspdata2/dump_opsp_Sat.dmp for read
IMP-00021: operating system error - error code (dec 2, hex 0x2)
Can someone help me it's very important
malki
4 REPLIES
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

Re: A system problem with orcale database Import on HP8UX machine

errno 2 correspond to No such file or directory. Did you check the permissions over /opspdata2/dump_opsp_Sat.dmp to see if you have read permissions for oracle?.

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
linuxfan
Honored Contributor

Hi Malki,

Oracle error IMP-00002 says - "Failed to open %s for read"

Make sure the dump file /opspdata2/dump_opsp_Sat.dmp is readable by oracle. Check the permissions

-Ramesh
They think they know but don't. At least I know I don't know - Socrates
Thierry Poels_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

I agree with the 2 previous answers. You (oracle?) probable has no read permissions on the export file.

sorry for the late answer: could not access ITRC in the morning, and could not reply in the afternoon (troubles with the Europe server???) :((

regards,
Thierry.
All unix flavours are exactly the same . . . . . . . . . . for end users anyway.
Brian Crabtree
Honored Contributor

Something else to consider is that versions of imp for HP-UX cannot read files over 2g in size. If the file is over this size, you might want to consider piping the information into the import command:

mkdir -p imp_pipe
cat expdat.dmp > imp_pipe &
imp file=imp_pipe