1753259 Members
5883 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

A4033a

Daniel Turner

A4033a

Does anyone know where I can download the drivers for this monitor [# A4033A]. I'm running windows98SE, windows2000, windowsME, and linux mandrake 7.0 on my machine. Any of these drivers would be helpful. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Tim Malnati
Honored Contributor

Re: A4033a

Most HP pc based monitors have a part number starting with 'D'. Is this a monitor you pulled from an HPUX workstation or X station? If so, you will probably not find anything directly. It's possible that it is very close to one of the pc monitors, but you will probably have to go on a specification hunt to determine the equivilent monitor part number.
Daniel Turner

I don't know where it came from. I bought it used. It's a normal PC monitor, I don't need a special fixed frequency video card or anything. THanks for the help
Rob_9

Technical specs and configuration files are available on the Web, both for Windows and for Linux. Go to www.google.com and search for "A4033A", and also for just "4033A".

Also note that Windows has a built-in INF file for a Sony 20" Multisync CSE, which is the actual identity of the A4033A. Perhaps Linux has something similar.
GerardDijkstra
HPE Pro

Daniel, to make this really work you'll need to construct a special cable. Here's the pin layout for the VGA connector:
1 Red
2 Green or monochrome
3 Blue
4 Not used
5 GND
6 GND Red
7 GND Green or monochrome
8 GND Blue
9 +5 Volt (DDC)
10 GND
11 Not used
12 Data DDC (Display Data Channel)