1748265 Members
3991 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

A4033a

Ustad Kalim

A4033a

i am looking for the website from where i can download the driver for A4033A monitor, please advice asap.

sony has an identical one to the above, does any one know the model number.

urgent now.
thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Marcel Eken_2
Frequent Advisor

Re: A4033a

Hi Ustad,

There is no such thing as a driver for a monitor, you use a driver for a video card.

I think what you need to configure your X-server are the frequencies that the monitor supports.

A4033A/B/C, 20" Color Monitor
640 X 480 60/72/75 Hz
800 X 600 60/72/75 Hz
1024 X 768 60/70/75 Hz
1280 X 1024 60/72/75 Hz
1280 X 512 72 Hz Stereo

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Marcel Eken.
Ustad Kalim

dear marcel,
thanks for your posting. Let me reword my question, do you have a .inf file that I can use for the monitor?

Also when i switch on the monitor it goes it to power save mode.

please advice.
thanks

ustad
Tim Malnati
Honored Contributor

I am familiar with .inf files for monitors used in an MS Win 9x environment, but I have not seen them used in any other; not even WinNT. There is a tech note at http://www.hp.com/workstations/support/documentation/technotes/linux/monitor.html which discusses using HP monitors in a Linux/XFree86 setup but the information is limited to scan frequencies. With a little searching on the Sony site it appears that the A4033A is the same as something in the Sony GDM-19xx line. These were discontinued back in the early 90's, so I doubt that Sony ever wrote .inf files for this monitor and this was before the days of power management. I doubt HP has anything either where the monitor is intended for use with X stations.
Marcel Eken_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ustad,

I just read trough the spec's of your monitor and i could not find anything about powersaving, so i think your monitor does not support it.

I think that your frequencies are not configured correctly, because then your monitor won't show any picture and probably shows a blinking led.

You could try to configure X again,

Kind regards,

Marcel Eken.
R.Eggermont

The 4033 is a OEM Sony GDM-20SE1, which should be listed in Windows 95 and onwards (according to http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/techspecs/support.cgi/gdm20se1 ). The monitor supports DPMS power management.