1748195 Members
2686 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ACPI causes conflict on IRQ sharing ZE5200NB

Joseph_90
Occasional Contributor

ACPI causes conflict on IRQ sharing ZE5200NB

I had conflict with sharing IRQ resources after Re-install XP pro on my ZE5200 notebook. I replaced ACPI feature of XP wich was default on setup with "Standart PC" so I had to be able to set my resources manually via reading from their IRQ data PCI BIOS and default Windows Allocation Table, I take over the conflict.
But, disabling ACPI means disabling "standby" features.

Questions are;
Disabling ACPI has any damage on hardware?
Is there any more "hal" which enables the "standby" mode? Like old faithful W98's APM?
I read XP supports APM incase your BIOS doesnt support ACPI. I thing ACPI has a long way to go. Every year inventors relase a new version, they know that to.
IEEE 1394 has a yellow mark on device manager since I swich "Standart PC" mode. Tryed
to un-install&reinsatll trick but not worked.
Every contrubution will be helpful.
Thanks.
PS: N.B. runs much stable and faster than before, every hardware has its own IRQ and resource. No doubth on Benchmarks. It seems to work cooler than before.
Disabling ACPI would be solution for many problems on Notebook Comp. if ACPI embended "like IEEE 1394 port on HP mobo's" works with APM
Write what ever you know&think.
2 REPLIES 2
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

looking at your profile, you've asked this question before http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=741544

more to the point, i still don't understand why you would want to disable ACPI in the first place. it sounds like a lot of work to get a small performance boost.
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.
Joseph_90
Occasional Contributor

I wrote it before, thats true. IJust want to share my experience with this issue.

And that is not about boosting performance, it
is about stability of notebook. I began to work around this after recieving a BSOD on a business presentation, luckly i have my old n.b . with a back-up of power point files. I had a Dell N.B. with 433 mhz Celeron and W98. Old n.b. was much stable than ze5200.

All am saying is, Hewlett P. company have to do some thing about this issue, there are some other peobles suferring from ACPI related problems, but vast majorty of them cant understand it.