Operating System - HP-UX
1753964 Members
7500 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

APACHE 2.0.39 download from ftp://apache:apache@hprc.external.hp.com Not readable.

Joey K. Harpole_1
Occasional Advisor

APACHE 2.0.39 download from ftp://apache:apache@hprc.external.hp.com Not readable.

A security bulletin came out stating that a new release of APACHE (2.0.39) was available from the ftp site ftp://apache:apache@hprc.external.hp.com/

I have downloaded the file and tar -tvf tells me there are a bunch of files inside it. When I try to tar -xvf a README file it is not readable.

Am I missing a step after I download or do I have to do something to the file after I 'untar' it?

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Re: APACHE 2.0.39 download from ftp://apache:apache@hprc.external.hp.com Not readable.

Hi Joey,

Did you ftp the file in binary mode?
Did you ftp to a PC & then ftp to the HP system? Was that ftp in binary mode?
And it's entirely possible that the file was corrupted during the download process itself.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Martin Johnson
Honored Contributor

Re: APACHE 2.0.39 download from ftp://apache:apache@hprc.external.hp.com Not readable.

Retry the ftp again and verify the transfer is in binary mode. If possible, do a cksum before and after the transfer.

Also check the permissions on the tar file (read,execute).

HTH
Marty
Joey K. Harpole_1
Occasional Advisor

The cksum comes out to what the HP Security bulletin said it should be. I did binary transfers. I think maybe the file is corrupt on the ftp site.

Thanks for suggestions.

It is time to go home for the holiday..... (in the U.S.)

Joe