108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: APC Powerchute on HP_UX 11.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alan Williams
Occasional Contributor

APC Powerchute on HP_UX 11.0

Has anyone any experience of using APC Powerchute on HP_UX 11.0, please?

We have a copy of Powerchute v4.2.3 for HP_UX, but it appears to cater for HP_UX 10.x only. Will it work with 11.0, to shut down gracefully when the APC UPS runs out of power or is there a later version?

We would be grateful for any information, as we suffer from lightning-induced power outages.
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Smith
Respected Contributor
Solution

Hi, I have installed Powerchute 4.2.3 on many HP-UX 11.00 systems and never had a problem. Make sure the tty you enter is valid and free when the script prompts you for it. Also, if you can't communicate at first try the null modem adapter and that usually works just fine.

First time you install it may take you a couple of trys to get it right. Make sure you are using a smart-ups! Other models do not support the correct signalling characteristics. Hope this helps.

Rob
Learn the rules so you can break them properly.
Mark Stewart
Frequent Advisor

I have also installed 4.2.3 on various workstations running 11.x. There should be no problems using it, provided you are A)using the correct cable, B)using a free port, and C)not overloading the APC.
Mark Vollmers
Esteemed Contributor

Alan-

I looked on the APC website recently (since I am moving from 10.20 to 11.0) and it claims that 4.2.3 is good for hp-ux 10.x and 11.x. I am planning on uninstalling it and reinstalling it once I update, though, just to make sure it is thinking the right version. Other than that, though, make sure everything is okay (cable, port, etc)

Mark
"We apologize for the inconvience" -God's last message to all creation, from Douglas Adams "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish"