Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Squid

Dean rayan
Occasional Contributor

About Squid

I am installing Fedora Linux core 2 and i am using Thomson speed touch router for DSL. I want to connect this router in my second network care and i want to configure squid. All my clint system is windows xp. Please any body help me how to configure.
4 REPLIES
Andrew Cowan
Honored Contributor

Re: About Squid

Hi Dean,

How have you setup your network? The first things I need to know are:
Is the LInux system a default gateway, and already connected to the Internet.
Can your Windows clients see the net through the gateway yet?
Have you configured DHCP, DNS, etc?
Dean rayan
Occasional Contributor

Hi
Atpresent i am using samba, Dhcpd and named setup in linux. And i connected my router directly to switch. And i setup the gateway address is router ip. I want to connect my router to second network card in the server and set the squid proxy server. Because now my connection is not secured and i want to track the internet usage and all. please help how to setup my server.

thanx in advance

regards
dean
Andrew Cowan
Honored Contributor

Hi Dean,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, however I have been very busy and haven't had time to get into this in any depth. Have you had a look at http://www.squid-cache.org/ ?

If you go to the FAQ Section then the "Quick Start Guide", that should answer most of your questions.

Good Lunk,
Andrew
Dean rayan
Occasional Contributor

Hi
Thank you very much i will go through this website.

bye