6413 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: About dbaccess

rip3000
Occasional Contributor

About dbaccess

I paste a long script to dbaccess
and it reply " 801: SQL Edit buffer is full.".
How can I extend the buffer.
2 REPLIES 2
Tony Flaherty
Frequent Advisor

Not sure what you mean by paste, if you are selecting Query - New and then using your terminal emulator or whatever to paste the SQL you may want to try creating the sql file beforehand using the editor of your choice, vi or whatever, and then selecting Query - Choose to load your file into dbaccess, or try running the file on the commandline;

dbaccess my_database my_sql_script

there are various ways of driving dbaccess fromthe command line, look at the informix answers online CD or web page for more info.

Tony.
There are 10 types of people in the world, Those who understand Binary and those who don't.
Malcolm Weallans
Occasional Advisor

I assume that you are using IDS on Windows NT. I have not had much success with cut and paste from Windows apps to dbaccess. I would suggest that if you are on Windows you should edit the sql script in Notepad. Save it with SQL extension, and then choose it within dbaccess. I know that works as I have done it from home. If you still get the problem with the EDIT buffer being full you could try splitting the SQL script and doing it that way.

Hope this helps
Malcolm
shouldn't every database be online?