New Discussion юеВ

Action "Dtterm" was not found

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jonathan Caplette_1
Super Advisor

Hi guys,

I've an AIX 4.1.3 box, I know I know it's not an HP... But maybe you can help me!! When I log on this station on an Xwindow session (CDE) I got error messages when I try to run for exemple dtterm, dtfilehome, dtappmanager, etc... Error message look like that:

Action "Dtappmgr" was not founr
Action "Dtfilehome" was not found

If you know such problem with CDE on HP-UX just tell me, maybe I can solve my AIX problem!!

Thanks a lot!!
Jonathan
8 REPLIES 8
Zafar A. Mohammed_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Action "Dtterm" was not found

Jonathan,

Check whether the dt deamons are running or not?. If not, then start all your dt deamons.

Thanks
Zafar
Hai Nguyen_1
Honored Contributor

Jonathan,

The full path of dtterm on an AIX machine is /usr/dt/bin/dtterm. Try the above full pathed command and see if it works.

Hai
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

login as root and see if it changes. It's possible that the actions (desktop icons I guess) are specific to one user.

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Jonathan Caplette_1
Super Advisor

guys,

I've check all my daemons are running... The command /usr/dt/bin/dtterm works, I got this error when I click on icons... And even with root I got the same error...

other ideas?
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

and ~/.dt/ errorlog ?
what is your $PATH

ll ~/.dt/ too

the "shortcut" icons are defined in a file. (whereever the action was saved to) it's possibly deleted. Check the CDE file manager for it...

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

can you run /usr/dt/bin/dtaction Dtterm ?

please then check $HOME/.dt.errorlog or report any errors seen to standard out.

Are users $HOME's NFS mounted at all ?

other things to try ... add set -x in .dtprofile and check the DTDATABASESEARCHPATH espeically if you have a working AIX system see man dtaction for it's relevance.

Lastly has this ever worked and if so what changed ....
Jonathan Caplette_1
Super Advisor

Hey guys, I found out what it was...

The /var filesystem was full, and when running "dt" commands, it tries to write in the /var/tmp directory...

I cleaned up /var and it works fine now!!

sorry for the inconvinient but when I did a "df -k" to see space, I forgot that df in AIX have an "%Inode Used" column and I check that one it was not full.. I mistaken it with the bdf column "%used" ....

My fault... sorry again, but thanks to answer me!! :)
Jonathan
Pinky29

Hi,

Can you tel me how you cleaned the /var? I am getting a similar error "/opt/IBM/InfoSphere/Optim/services/notes/rtedit.sh: line 12: type: dtterm: not found".

Any help appreciated! Thanks!