Operating System - HP-UX
1748269 Members
3583 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Adding a new VA disk array to a clustered environment without being part of the cluster

SOLVED
Go to solution

Adding a new VA disk array to a clustered environment without being part of the cluster

I added a new VA disk array to a data switch on an rp8400 server (with nodes A,B) which is clustered to another rp8400 server (with nodes C,D). Filesystems were created on the different nodes (A,B,C,D)from the each node with SAM without being shared in the cluster and were not part of the cluster filesystems configuration as well as have nothing to do with the cluster. They are to be used as ordinary dump and test area on each node.

After the creation of filesystems, the servers were rebooted due to one application problem and the filesystems refused to be automatically mounted, even manually. Checking the /etc/fstab, the files were there but not in the /etc/mnttab file.

How do I resolve this problem so that the filesystems created on the different nodes will always be mounted without changing the AUTO_ACTIVATE_VG to 1 (which has been set to 0) so as not to affect the running of the cluster.
2 REPLIES 2
John Poff
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Adding a new VA disk array to a clustered environment without being part of the cluster

Hi,

It sounds like maybe the volume groups for your new filesystems were not activated. You can handle this in your /etc/lvmrc. As you noted, you will want to leave the AUTO_VG_ACTIVATE setting at 0 since you are in a MC/SG cluster, but there is a function in the lvmrc file called custom_vg_activate. In this function you can specify the name of the volume groups you would like to have activated at boot time. This should allow you to have them mounted automatically by specifying them in /etc/fstab.

JP
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding a new VA disk array to a clustered environment without being part of the cluster

Hi,

Not the Solution But CheckPoints to the Solution:

The Problem Doesn't seem to be from HP-Servers side.
Please check the following:
1) are u able to see the physical disks device files (ioscan)
2)see the diskinfo of the disk devices
3)check the lvmtab
========================================
I Don't know what type of data switch which you are using.
I have used brocade switch where in i faced similar type of problem.The problem was sorted out by carefully creating and executing the Zoning.

Please check whether the respective WWN numbers are assigned to the respective LUNS
properly

Regards,
I'll sleep when i am dead.